Reusable vs Disposable?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wellllll... Since when did the sellers of stuff actually give a shit about the purchasers? They don't. It is all about money. PERIOD. Alcohol, cigarrettes, asparteme... These things are all cancerous but they are on the market. The risks of disposables is there, for sure. Cloth is superior in a lot of cases. However it is important people are allowed to make their own choices. Not everyone can cloth diaper, or even want to... And that's fine.

I agree and disagree. When it comes to children, parents and pretty much everyone would be up in arms. alcohol, cigarettes - adults CHOICE.

We use disposables, i have made her a few cloth diapers but she quickly out grew them, we never had enough money to put into the start up with it otherwise i would have, looking into it more with this one.

Also.. the same link has been posted 3 times now, I think we get the message :dohh:

Are you sure? maybe we should post it again just in case. :winkwink:

btw, must agree not everything is safe just cos its marketed. even to children. but again it comes back to if the diapers are not hurting the child, there is no real reason to create a problem. I challenge anyone who thinks otherwise to find a case where a child who had no serious reaction to disposable diapers grew up to have complications.

yes, there is an environmental factor, but that exists in family's that choose to have 10+ children as well, but no one stops them either. Same with the way most countries run what we pretend is still agriculture. again, that goes back to money.

Also.. the same link has been posted 3 times now, I think we get the message :dohh:

Are you sure? maybe we should post it again just in case. :winkwink:

btw, must agree not everything is safe just cos its marketed. even to children. but again it comes back to if the diapers are not hurting the child, there is no real reason to create a problem. I challenge anyone who thinks otherwise to find a case where a child who had no serious reaction to disposable diapers grew up to have complications.

yes, there is an environmental factor, but that exists in family's that choose to have 10+ children as well, but no one stops them either. Same with the way most countries run what we pretend is still agriculture. again, that goes back to money.

Great post!! :thumbup:

There are risks with every choice that we make in life. Good and bad! No point in arguing which is worse. :flower:

Just bought an amber necklace! I always thought they chewed on them but reading it on here it sounds like a good idea!

I never knew about cloth until after I had Harley, I did try a few but they leaked everywhere after like half hour! But I didn't really have the time to do hours of research into them, learn what to do etc.. But with my my second I really would love to cloth! Harley has never had a problem with his pampers ever. Guess I'm lucky :thumbup:

I use disposable diapers on Emma, and we formula fed. She's just fine.

Posting another...less biased link.

There doesn't seem to be enough dioxin in a diaper to threaten a baby's health, however. In fact, it's not even a close call: A study published in the journal Environmental Health Perspectives in 2002 estimated that kids get thousands if not millions of times more dioxins in their diet than they get from their diapers. (Dioxins are everywhere in the environment, and they end up in everything that we eat, especially animal fats.)
The study also found that the most dangerous types of dioxins – the forms most likely to cause cancer and other disease – don't show up in diapers at all.

found at
https://www.babycenter.com/0_whats-...and-are-they-safe-for-your_10335425.bc?page=1

This whole thing has gone way too far, I like all of you guys and arguing over parenting choices is stupid. At the end of the day the only parents choice you should worry about is your own unless the other person is giving their child rum, not feeding them, etc etc. No one is out right insulting anyone else but I know some of this was aimed to maybe not insult, but maybe have people second guess how they parent, which isn't right at all. If you want to argue about it being an eco problem, stop using toilet paper, stop using paper towels, stop using paper napkins, stop taking baths, stop driving, stop using hair spray, use your own grocery bags, don't get any food in styrofoam containers, a million things we do every single day affect the environment, its silly to go after just one thing and say people are harming their babies by using disposables. :wacko:

I'm not going to get into an argument about nappies :dohh:

But I also love the amber teething necklaces, Laila's had one since like 5 month and I swear by it! I'm definately getting Harley one :thumbup:

:rofl: this thread has done nothing but boost amberpumkins sales of teething necklaces and provide me a few hours fun reading the drama :haha:

I literally don't give a shit what you put on your kids arses, i just love the patterns of cloth nappies and the fact i can collect them and get pretties. Saves me collecting buggies again..for now :rofl:

Posting another...less biased link.

There doesn't seem to be enough dioxin in a diaper to threaten a baby's health, however. In fact, it's not even a close call: A study published in the journal Environmental Health Perspectives in 2002 estimated that kids get thousands if not millions of times more dioxins in their diet than they get from their diapers. (Dioxins are everywhere in the environment, and they end up in everything that we eat, especially animal fats.)
The study also found that the most dangerous types of dioxins – the forms most likely to cause cancer and other disease – don't show up in diapers at all.

found at
https://www.babycenter.com/0_whats-...and-are-they-safe-for-your_10335425.bc?page=1

This whole thing has gone way too far, I like all of you guys and arguing over parenting choices is stupid. At the end of the day the only parents choice you should worry about is your own unless the other person is giving their child rum, not feeding them, etc etc. No one is out right insulting anyone else but I know some of this was aimed to maybe not insult, but maybe have people second guess how they parent, which isn't right at all. If you want to argue about it being an eco problem, stop using toilet paper, stop using paper towels, stop using paper napkins, stop taking baths, stop driving, stop using hair spray, use your own grocery bags, don't get any food in styrofoam containers, a million things we do every single day affect the environment, its silly to go after just one thing and say people are harming their babies by using disposables. :wacko:
I totally agree on a lot of what you said, except the fact is I do bring my own grocery bags, I do recycle, I don't use hairspray, I eat and buy locally, my clothes are fair trade material, the clothes often made in Canada. I use reusable menstral stuff, I use cloths to wipe spills, I don't drive, and have a reusable coffee container. there are a million more, but what does it matter? Not using disposies is a huge contribution to a better planet. People are free to do whatever they like without a doubt, but some of us are serious about our planet and it isn't fair to suggest otherwise.

I think most people who cloth for the environment also do other environmental friendly things. But diapers are by far the worst thing a person could do for their planet, garbage wise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"