reusable wipes..?

HannahGraceee

*Hanny Spammy*
Reaction score
could i use reusable wipes but not reusable nappies? or is that kinda breaking the rules? :lol:

lol, I don't think there are any rules :) I love our reusable wipes and even on the rare occasion I've used a sposie, we still use the reusable wipes because I find they clean her bum better. I say do whatever works best for you!

i wanna try them as i get through packs and packs of wipes at a time.. but dont think id be able to mange reusable nappies while im living with my parents..

How do they work? x

You can either buy or make wipes from fleece or flannels or something. Then use a solution made up with water and baby wash or you can buy other things and either keep them in a tupperware or use a spray bottle to spray the solution on. The only thing I would wonder about if only using wipes would be that you'd either have to put poopy wipes in the washer with your clothes, or have loads of wipes to build up a big enough load to wash iygwim? Since it would cost a tonne in water and electric just to wash 10 or 15 wipes xx

I was just looking online and saw you can get this little bags where you put them in with the rest of your washing?

I love my reusable wipes as much as my nappies!! They are lush :)

I have some bamboo and some fleece. I use a tub with an airtight lid, lay my wipes in it and make up a solution of cooled boiled water, a splosh of olive oil, a very small squirt of baby bath/wash, and a few drops of tea tree or lavender oil. I then pour just enough on the wipes to make them damp, but not sodden and store any leftover solution in the fridge for up to 3 days :) voilá!!

If I were you, I'd just use a net bag to wash them in with lo's clothes. Although I wash my nappies, wipes and his clothes together and it's fine without a net bag :)

Yep you can deffo use just wipes and not nappies as long as it doesn't squick you out putting dirty wipes in with your clothes (or towels would probably be best if you wash them at 60!).

I hugely recommend Cheeky Wipes... At £30 it is a pricey kit but will save you TONS in the long run! I had built my own kit with a tupperwear box, cheap wipes from ebay and then essential oils from holland and barrett, but after months of umming and aaahing over the price I got a set last week and LOVE it- the ease is well worth the initial expense in my opinion!!!

I am going to buy them as gifts for friends who next have babies cos even non-cloth bums would like these I reckon, as they are sooooo simple :)

^^ there the exact ones im looking at and the whole wipe set was the one that was "best for disposal nappies"

How many wipes would i need? X

ilike the cheeky wipes too, i reckom about half have never been used as i wash them every 2-3 days. i do have a few others as well though (mostly fleece/minkee with terry back). probably have about 50 wipes lol but thats way more than enough! i keep a few handy in bags, pockets, in the car etc. ikeep them dry though and use water or solution made of camomile tea, baby wash, tea tree oil when i need them.

How many wipes seems to depend on how often you need to change your LO :)

When my LO was much smaller, she was *so* sensitive to being wet, we'd be changing her loads. I have 50 Cheeky Wipes, and I could get through them in a couple of days (doing 25 in the tub at a time).

These days, we change every few hours (rather than just about every hour, if not less!), and I find that 25 wipes is more than enough.

i use washable wipes at meal times too! i now have 40 of the pop-in bamboo ones (love the little wetbag that comes with them - ideal out and about bag big enough for one dirty nappy) they last nicely between washes. If i've used them for wiping up food though i rinse them out in the sink first - otherwise i'd be finding bits of banana in the washer! :dohh:

yeah DEFO!!! i wouldnt reccomend the cheeky wipes set though...:blush: for what you get they are way overpriced and i dont like the look of them..but thats just me!!

IMO the best wipes are WeeNotions (for wee though..not too good for poo!) they are really soft, wash sooo well and you can get really pretty ones!! they are only about £5 or so for 10 (or 12 i cant remember) and thats the expensive ones..they do cheaper ones too!! https://weenotions.co.uk/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=14_71_12&products_id=135

For Pooes i love my home made ones or my Cotton Babies (BumGeniuis) they are organic egyptian cotton and again so soft! i have had mine over a year now (they were the first ever reusable wipes i bought and are still going strong!) i cant remember how much they were but you can get them from bigger Mothercare's :)

As for solution i prefer to wet as i go..as i like my wee weipes to be only just damp but poo ones wetter! so i make up a solution of water and Oilatum (a bath emolient) and judt pop it into a sports bottle ..spray a bit on your wipes and your done!! i find it much easier than carrying round big bix of wet wipes...specially if they leak :rofl:

I love the look of the cheeky wipes- the boxes are fab, the wipes are soooo soft and great sized and I love, love, LOVE the smell of the oils! My whole flat currently smells yummy...

I'd say get 50 wipes- 25 comes with the kit, and you can get 25 for a tenner from ebay (https://shop.ebay.co.uk/?_from=R40&_trksid=m570&_nkw=cheeky+wipes&_sacat=See-All-Categories) and then you're never gonna run out, even if you have a realllllllllly pooey day or slack in the laundry department one day!!!

I've got 50 orange trimmed ones to use for his bum, and 25 plain white ones for his hands and face. I'm gonna buy another fresh wipes box for them :)

ooh yes cheeky wipes also great for hands / face!
Although i guess you could get much the same effect by cutting up a towel :haha:
i put al; my used wipes in the cheeky wipes wash bag (you could use a mesh laundry bag) and chuck them in with nappies or towels. although ive also chucked them in with clothes and its been fine.

the only down side of cutting up a towel is terry frays, you'll end up with fluff everywhere - you would need to edge them off.

Of course you can use them, yo could do a system like i do once in a while which is put eh wipes through a rinse, then add your normal wash and do them all together :)

Oh and cheeky wipes is the ones we use, i bought an extra set of 25 so i have some avalaible to refill as soon as the others go in the wash ( i usually end up needing some whilst theyre in a wash cycle)

im getting some wws with my custom weenotions but plan to use disposable wipes not reuasble is that bad :O

Hey Hannah,

Thanks for starting this thread - I'd not thought about using reusable wipes as I just they would be difficult - it sounds really easy and think I may order some Cheeky Wipes too!

I haven't been using disposable wipes yet as still on water and cotton wool. Do you know if reusable wipes are as kind to babies bum as water as I don't really want to put the nasty chemicals on his bum but I am going through so much cotton wool - it is unreal!!

xx

Reuseable wipes are made of whatever you put into them, so itll be water and some essential oil (i use lavender and chammomile). No chemicals :)

Reuseable wipes are made of whatever you put into them, so itll be water and some essential oil (i use lavender and chammomile). No chemicals :)

Thanks chick, I realized when I read that back how it sounded. I meant that I haven't used disposable wipes because of the chemicals - lol!

Is a little bit of essential oil just as kind to baby's bottom?

I'm excited now - going to order some :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->