RH Negative and bleeding (was not a MC)

Marumi

36, DS 7 and 2
Reaction score
I had a miscarriage on the 20th of July and conceived again on the 28th. I bled earlier today at 6+4 and have been feeling achy.
By coincidence I read that every time a RH Neg. mother bleeds she needs a Rhogam shot. No doctor had adressed that to me and so I did not have one the first time I bled.
Would I need a shot straight away or can I wait until the morning? I have not bled since that small amount earlier. And what does it mean to become sensitized?
This is not my first pregnancy.

Update: I did not bleed again and was put on progesterone. Today 9.14. I am 8 weeks along.

Hi, I'm r negative too and I bled with both my first and second pregnancies and no one ever mentioned it.... Worth checking - if you're in the UK you could call 111 but I don't know about Germany x

I'm so sorry this has happened to you - I hope it's not the worst news, I bled with my first pregnancy and my son is now four so there is hope x

Hi, I'm r negative too and I bled with both my first and second pregnancies and no one ever mentioned it.... Worth checking - if you're in the UK you could call 111 but I don't know about Germany x

I'm so sorry this has happened to you - I hope it's not the worst news, I bled with my first pregnancy and my son is now four so there is hope x

Thank you! I actually bled with my son too for 11 days. My son is RH negative too btw.
I called an emergency hotline here that advises you over the phone first and she suggested to definitely get the shot within 72 hrs IF the pregnancy does not continue.
But she wasn't sure if it is also given even earlier as a preventative measure...

Hi, I am also RH negative and with my miscarriage in May I had the shot a couple days after the bleeding started.
I just found out our baby died but I have not bled yet so for this one I am going to request the shot when I have the D&C.

Becoming sensitized means that if you are RH negative and you bleed/miscarry during pregnancy and do not have the shot there is a risk that your body will build antibodies to attack any future pregnancies, thinking the baby is some sort of virus.
I would make sure you get the shot straight away.

You don't need a shot if your OH is Rh-

My husband is O pos. so I will have to get it. With my last early MC I didn't get it. The doctor said I probably don't need it because it was so early :(.
I will see my OB about it tomorrow. At the ER they told me it is not an emergency and I have 72 hrs to get the shot...

:huh: If i read your post correctly your doc didn't give you a shot with first miscarriage? How early did you had that miscarriage?
I am asking because, I am RH- too. I am still waiting for my bleeding to start and I think I mc my child around 6weeks. But, my doctor has already prepared for RHOGAM shot for me to have when I go there either for DC or with bleeding. Not sure how things are done there.

:huh: If i read your post correctly your doc didn't give you a shot with first miscarriage? How early did you had that miscarriage?
I am asking because, I am RH- too. I am still waiting for my bleeding to start and I think I mc my child around 6weeks. But, my doctor has already prepared for RHOGAM shot for me to have when I go there either for DC or with bleeding. Not sure how things are done there.

I miscarried somewhere around 4 weeks and my doctor thinks not even an embryo developed. I hardly passed any clots and bled very lightly for ome week. So I think it is safe to say no blood mixing could have occured.
I think around 6 weeks it is more likely to receive the shot.

This pregnancy still continues. On a scan baby seemed fine, just very tiny and there was no blood near it.

I miscarried somewhere around 4 weeks and my doctor thinks not even an embryo developed. I hardly passed any clots and bled very lightly for ome week. So I think it is safe to say no blood mixing could have occured.
I think around 6 weeks it is more likely to receive the shot.

This pregnancy still continues. On a scan baby seemed fine, just very tiny and there was no blood near it.

I am so happy to hear that your pregnancy is going good.

I have blighted ovum and there was no baby nothing, just sac with yolk. So, I am guessing no mixing of blood in my case. May be your doctor must be right, don't want to scare you or anything just wanted share info with you.

Hi, I had my ERPC today and they did give me the injection because I am r negative.
I hope this helps x

Hi, I had my ERPC today and they did give me the injection because I am r negative.
I hope this helps x

What is ERPC?

@Sweety21
Yeah surprisingly baby is sticking through so much pain and some blood! Maybe he/she is a fighter :)

I hope your baby is doing ok still?

I had a mmc at 10 weeks and apart from having the scan where I found out managed it at home. I then panicked that I hadn't had my injection which I thiught I needed so called the hospital and was told my pregnancy was lost too early for it to be a problem. Since then I've had 2 babies so I'm sure they're right

Oh wow, even at ten weeks!

Baby seems to be fine. I have to wait until the 15th for another scan and more check ups (Germany is fairly lax about early pregnancies) but my symptoms seem to be getting stronger and something is working down there. I have aches that feel like the uterus growing. Maybe the progesterone was a good idea. I also haven't bled again.
Hoping to see a healthy baby in ten days!

Oh wow, even at ten weeks!

Baby seems to be fine. I have to wait until the 15th for another scan and more check ups (Germany is fairly lax about early pregnancies) but my symptoms seem to be getting stronger and something is working down there. I have aches that feel like the uterus growing. Maybe the progesterone was a good idea. I also haven't bled again.
Hoping to see a healthy baby in ten days!

I hope it's good news at your next scan I'll be thinking of you. Also just wanted to add that I had bleeding with my baby after my mc and was seen at epu for a scan and they didn't mention needing an injection then either and I was nearly 12 weeks then

Yeah I guess if it is not the baby's blood one does not need it.
a friend of mine who is a doula thinks my cervix might be irritated and it had been feeling achy after each time my husbamd and I had sex. So it is probably better that we are not doing it right now.

Sorry ERPC is the surgery for a miscarriage. Sorry for the confusion x

Sorry ERPC is the surgery for a miscarriage. Sorry for the confusion x

Thanks for explaining! It makes sense they gave it to you then! Mine was a natural early MC and my uterus was completely deserted after one day. It went so quick. :(

Im rhesus neg and I had a mc in may at 7 + 2 and 2 weeks ago at 9 + 3 and haven't told I didn't need the injection after either. My oh is a + group.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->