ribena not suitable

kelly2903

mum2princess an expectin
Reaction score
im not sure weather this is me been daft and you guys already knew this but i was reading the back of my ribena carton, and it states that it is not suitable for under 3 year olds, im not sure why it must have something in it.

did any one no this?????

It's because of the sugar and because you shouldn't give soft drinks to children under 3. I remember them getting told off over their Ribena Tooth Care as they claimed it was better for teeth than water!

I've read that before, but if we did everything, every carton or book said our kids would be wrapped up in cotton wool and never do anything

personally thi sis one thing i stick to lol, we did an experiment in school with ribena and a tooth... and eew!!! ive no drunk it since!!

I'd never dare give Ella ribena, fruit shoots or anything like that. I'd hate for her teeth to get all rotten and fall out before her adult ones are ready to come through. Plus the sugar in it would make her so hyper!!

Can't you get kid friendly ribena - no sugar?!

thought this was going to say not suitable in pregnancy - I have been drinking ribena throughout and I usually hate the stuff

Oooo I love ribena but I have so many days of it then get sick of it!

Im so pleased my pregnancy 'thing' was brushing my teeth lol

Wobbles I liked brushing my tongue, I'd do it for ages before bed lol

I get some real funny looks when Im out and Charlie has her Fruit Shoot bottle, they are fantastic bottles! I chuck the juice away and fill it with water heheehhhe! They dont leak at all.!

Wobbles I liked brushing my tongue, I'd do it for ages before bed lol
LOL! Same! I hated the taste of toothpaste but when I was pregnant I looked forward to brushing my teeth & tongue. Did this end for you at all? I still love it now. Oh and with warm water lol brush dip brush dip brush dip until I couldn't taste it any more!

- Not saying I didn't brush me teeth before just hated the taste for some reason! :rofl:

I get some real funny looks when Im out and Charlie has her Fruit Shoot bottle, they are fantastic bottles! I chuck the juice away and fill it with water heheehhhe! They dont leak at all.!

Wouldn't you be better with a simular pink water bottle Hels lol Least you can go out minus looks :lol:

Every bottle we have had leaks in my bag except the Fruit shoot one.......Im sick of spending money on beakers/cups/bottles etc!

Ah thats not good. Some of these beakers etc aren't cheap either! :(

I gave Bethanie a sip of my Ribena, im not going to beat myself up over it. It's not great for our teeth, but everything in moderation ey? I rarely buy it though.

I had to give my son soya milk and i gave him the sweetened kind. It said just sweetners so i thought it would be ok and it rotted his front teeth as they were coming through. Im so glad they are falling out now It was just at the bottom (will try and find a pick). Josh mainly drinks water and only has 1 glass of juice a day really. He loves it though.

I did used to give him the hipp organic juice though but he tended to throw it up.

I dont like Ella having fruit shoots she has had it on the odd occasion but I avoid it at all costs because of the sugar, she does drink diluted cordial but she doesnt drink much really.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->