Ridiculous Doctor's comment

Jollybean

Reaction score
Hi everyone, congrats to all on here :)
I'm 11 weeks pregnant and went to see a Doctor the other day as I'd almost fainted at work. My colleague had the idea to test my blood sugar, and it was just 2.7 (should be around 6)

well anyway.. I found the doctor to be really rude and patronising. Not only did she fail to reassure me about anything what so ever, she actually said to me "well you're not that pregnant are you? I mean.. how many weeks are you... 11... yeh so you're not that pregnant"

Surely I'm either pregnant, or not - it shouldnt matter how far gone I am, and as a Doctor, she should know that all vital organs develop in the first 12 weeks!

I feel annoyed at myself for not pointing this out to her and I actually thanked her when i left.. whyyyyyy?

Complain! That is such a stupid and unprofessional thing for the doctor to say! I would be angry too!

I cant believe that, how bloomin rude! i'd be tempted to ring the practise manager and complain! I hate it when i automatically say thanks or whatever when i'm leaving. I dwell on things for ages after thinking of all the smart and cutting comments i could've/should've made... grrrr. What a :mamafy:
:)

I am considering complaining as she also had a student doctor present - and she really isn't a good role model. Lilli, its frustrating when the smart comments come rolling out once the moments passed isn't it!

Regarding the blood sugar level, she simply said it was down to eating frosties for breakfast (even though this has never happened to me before). My midwife however, discussed and ruled out other issues such as pregnancy related diabetes, etc - which did reassure me.

thats disgusting ure not a little bit pregnant at all ure pregnant and have a baby inside u how dare she arghhhhhh think she needs to go bk to uni id def complain...hope ure ok xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->