Right to die?

Does anyone know if Switzerland is the only country that does this?

I haven't read the whole of it but the bits I did read were quite interesting!!

https://www.assistedsuicide.org/suicide_laws.html

I believe in the right to die, but only under certain conditions, ie: terminal/degenerative disease where there is DEFINITELY no chance of recovery, and that you are able to make the decision yourself, and to administer whatever it takes to kill you.

Gradually sh*tting out your insides and bleeding to death, as cancer sufferers often do, is a terrible way to spend your final few weeks :nope:

I don't thi8nk it would ever come in in this country tbh, there's too many little questions about it(e.g. would it be provided privately, if so is it ok for someone who has money to be put out of suffering whereas a poor person has to go through it til the end? what about children? etc etc).

I know those are all factors regardless of where it is legal but I just can't see our government letting it happen.

xxx

when it comes to being able to ask the person if they want to die im not too sure about. because u get people who are paralised completly and cant talk, now i no my oh would of wanted to die if this had happened to him.

i duno maybe it should be written all in our wills so that if certain things were to happen and we couldnt comunicate we wanted to die they have a legal document stating our wishes...but then again yes i no people can change their minds so that probably wouldnt work

i duno maybe it should be written all in our wills so that if certain things were to happen and we couldnt comunicate we wanted to die they have a legal document stating our wishes...but then again yes i no people can change their minds so that probably wouldnt work

you can write whats called a 'living will' which has ou wishes about that kind of thing

you can write whats called a 'living will' which has ou wishes about that kind of thing

i thought there would be, but then again this country would still not support it.

the whole emerdale sotry line is really getting on my nerves, like they are suprised they were arrested.....errm hello do they not no where they are living or watch the news at all

i believe that everyone has the right to a peaceful dignified death. Seeing my nan deteriorate so quickly when she was diagnosed with liver cancer, made me see that in that in those last days she had no quality of life at all. the last day she was slowly sufforcating as her lungs were filling up :cry:, its horrible watching someone you love change and be in that much pain :cry:. and i think that would have been the kindest thing to do :cry:.

however, i did catch some of the programme and it really upset me that the man was asking for water and was gasping after drinking the toxins (sorry not sure what their called) but they didnt get him one :nope:. that really surprised me as another programme i watched before about this on the bbc a few years ago the man went to sleep it seemed peaceful, where this man struggled :nope:.

xx

Whose live is it? It is your life and it is your decision if you have suffered enough and wish to die. I watched my Mum die of cancer and I would have supported 100% her choice should she have chosen to die. I fully and unequivocally support the right of adults to choose to die.

Whose live is it? It is your life and it is your decision if you have suffered enough and wish to die. I watched my Mum die of cancer and I would have supported 100% her choice should she have chosen to die. I fully and unequivocally support the right of adults to choose to die.

I agree with the first line, it should defiently be an individuals choice as like you say it is their life, and even though I really do believe in euthanasia Im not sure I could be 100% behind my parents, siblings etc if they choose this option. I would be anyone else, just not sure if I would be close family or friends etc, and I know this would be purely selfishness though. I hope I would be, but just dont I would iykwim :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->