Ring slings vs. wraps and SSCs

emyandpotato

Reaction score
I am looking in to getting a ring sling for our new baby as they just look so easy to use. I used a Babasling (eurgh) when LO was tiny, then a Boba which I liked, and then bought a wrap but have always hated it and it hasn't been used much. Is a ring sling better than what I already have? Is it worth getting? Also, I have heard that you can just buy the ring and use a wrap with it to make a ring sling, is this true? I have a Girasol wrap that I think is 6 metres long.

I love love ring slings for newborns. And theyre great again for up down up down toddlers ;)

You can make DIY ring slings with wraps, either with rings or using a slipknot, and there's even a no sew one. But you'd need too shorten your wrap a lot. You'd have to double check the length for the style you make (if you do) but a ring along length is about 2.2m or so. There are people who specialize in conversions you could send the wrap to, or you could figure out how to do it yourself and sell the excess.

I wrote a response and then hit backspace. Short answer: if I had to pick one carrier to rule them all, I would pick the ring sling. But... I wouldn't be willing to cut a girasol to make one when the maya RS is so awesome and relatively affordable.

I like ringslings for newborns but prefer an SSC and a back carry ASAP. I don't like having kids on my front. I find it super uncomfortable and I can't see past their heads once they get so tall.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->