Ringworm

xarlenex

Reaction score
I thought It was was dry skin, but its circled shapped and today I went to change his nappy and there was a little white thing, nearly an inch long, and some other little white bits at his bum, my aunt thinks its ringworm?

If it is, what will be done? I cant see a doctor now till monday. If it is would this stop him gaining weight? I weighed him a month and a bit ago, and he was 17lb 2oz, but when I weighed him last week he was 17lb 12oz, so not gained much, I just out it down to me not having read the scales correctly first time

I remember Jess's josh had this. pop her a pm she would prob know , i hope it clears up soon :hugs:

When you mention a 'little white thing', do you suggest you think it might be a worm? Because ringworm is a fungal infection, and doesn't actually have anything to do with worms even though the name suggests it. It is however contagious and if you have it one 1 place of your body it's likely to spread to other parts unless treated. In adults it's a simple cream to treat it, I assume it would be the same for children. Ringworm also wouldn't stop him gaining weight, it would simply make him itch =)

Still, go see the doctor when you do get a chance. Even if it's only a simple case of dry skin, the doctor should be able to help you and give you some advice as to how to treat it.

My son had ringworm about 2 months ago...here is what it looks like
https://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k259/mmdasch/moreconnor096.jpg
https://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k259/mmdasch/moreconnor098.jpg

My doctor just said to put Lotrim on it or some antifungal cream and it takes about 4-6 weeks to clear up. Do you have a cat? I think that my son somehow picked it up from the cat as that can be a cause.

Hey hun, Josh has caught it 3 weeks ago and his doctor just told me to put canesten cream twice a day and wash him with head & shoulders.

I cleaned the entire house & EVERYTHING that could've gotten into contact with it. Cleaned the floors too. Josh had caught it from our dog, you just need to go to the vet and they will give you something for the dog. (if you have other animals, bring them too because they might have it as well)

It's just starting to disappear now.

I wouldn't worry too much as it doesn't bother them at all. xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->