Risk assesment in the work place

staceymxxx

Reaction score
Hi is there a certain time period my work place has to do a risk assesment?

I work in a shop and they have known i'm pregnant from 4 weeks, i am now 15 weeks tomorrow and its still not been done, i've asked repeatedly and they say they are busy!

I don't know what the specific time period is but I would have expected to be talked though any changes to my role within a day or so and something in writing within a couple of weeks. When I announced that I was expecting I knew that my line manager should complete a risk assessment for me but as one of my roles is to do with health and safety I took on the responsibility myself and just passed on a list of areas that I was aware I would have to limit my role in until after the birth. Have there been other pregnant women in your work place? Would there already be a something written down that hasn't been passed on to you? Are you being asked/expected to do anything that could have an adverse effect on you or your baby? Maybe it would be worth writting out a list of areas that you feel need considered and passing that on to them. Often just identifying the issues is enough to through up the solutions.

There is no legal requirement to do an additional risk assessment for pregnant women. Any risks should already be in the general risk assesment as by law they have to review risks for women of child bearing age automatically.

They should however review theses risks with you if any apply and provide ways to reduce the risks. I would presume in a shop it would be safe lifting, maybe working at hight and agreeing some more rest breaks.

I think it's as soon as reasonably practicable. My work haven't bothered putting anything on paper but as I'm the only one who does risk assessments in work anyway I've been using my own judgement. They've all been quite protective and looking after me a lot anyway though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->