Rolled of the bed

minip2p

Reaction score
LO rolled of the bed this morning, was put on the bed just proped in the middle of the pillows as per usual oh went to the loo came back and he was crying on the floor.

I was on my way to work....what a phone call to get, oh asking what she should do.

He seems to be ok though within a few mins he was back to his usual self and laughing so I've just said keep an eye on him.

I feel so guilty though as I always do that myself and oh tells me not to, but he's always been fine so she's just doing what I do.

He may have a bruise on his head though - and he's got to go to nursery this afternoon for a settlnig in session, they are going to think we mistreat him, probably have social knocking on the door tonight.

Don't worry, its something that happens a lot. Dylan kicked himself off the sofa when he was younger, I was hysterical and made OH take us all up to A and E. They took one look at him, said he was absolutely fine, gave us a leaflet and that was that. I went to my HV the next day just to double check he was ok and get some reassurance that social services weren't going to take him away from me and she just laughed, said "it happens" and that unless it was happening often, I don't need to worry.

I very much doubt you will have the social at your door because he has one bruise on his head.The nursery wont think you miss treat him, they will understand hes a baby and sometimes they get into mishaps! Im sure he will be ok, just keep your eye on him x

I think we've all been there and done it to be honest, although we hate to admit it. I'm sure he's fine, and no the social won't be knocking on your door because of one small bump on the head....all babies/toddlers end up with little bumps and bruises that are harmless and because of them crawling about and getting into mischief!

Don't worry too much over it, but learn from it-now he's rolling around etc don't leave him on bed/settees etc as he'll roll off.

keely.

oh god thankfully I am not the only one cos only last week I left Mylo on the bed.. went to the loo.. came back and he was face down feet up in the air.. he'd rolled into the moses basket!! at 2 weeks old! felt ever so guilty. He wasnt crying just whinging.. he didnt fall on the floor.. just off my side of the bed into his own bed!
Its so easily done tho.. hes not rolling or anything yet so gawd knows how he done that!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->