rolling issues...and sleep deprivation!!

melfy77

Reaction score
So DD2 is almost 8 months old and has mastered the art of rolling from her back onto her tummy months ago. Sadly for her (and of course for me), she's got a really hard time doing the opposite, leaving her very frustrated. It's manageable during the day...but nightime has become a NIGHTMARE!!! We co-slept in the same bed until a week ago and she was fine, but is now in her own crib. She wakes up and freaks out every single time she rolls on her stomach. So for the last week, the longest stretch of sleep I've had was 2 hours!!! I'm exhausted!! I know sleep positionners and not safe, but saw the Snoozzz one, which only seemed to be available in the UK. I try to do more tummy time but it's useless!! With DD1 it took a 2-3 nights and that was the end of it. I really need help!!

My daughter is 6 months and she is doing the same thing. I heard this is common. Well last night I was so overtired I didn't hear her wake up right away and she actually fell asleep on her stomach for the first time ever. She slept soundly for 3 hours after that. I think it is a matter of them getting used to it and mastering moving into different positions. I don't think I'd recommend a positioner because as much as it sucks it's actually good for them to have free movement at night to help with development. It'll pass...I've found it harder because before this phase my daughter was sleeping 11.5hrs straight at night. I'm finding it worse than the newborn stage! Just know you aren't alone...this is very common...hope it passes quickly!

B has been having this problem since he hit 4 months. When he's awake he can roll either way and back again, but when he rolls in his sleep he's too tired to get back, and wakes up totally pissed haha. I don't really know what to do honestly - I just get up, roll him gently back, give his paci if he's that awake from it, and he goes back to sleep within a few minutes. Sometimes that's once a night, other times its 8 times a night. There's no telling. Sometimes he is comfy on his tummy and sleeps almost all night that way, other times it drives him nuts.

I ended up getting a safe-t-sleep online. If anything it's nice because you can use it on regular beds so very useful if you don't have a playpen. I will do more tummy time during the day and when she finally becomes comfortable with being on her stomach I'll try again. She is VERY stubborn and can scream for a very long time (we drove from london to hamilton, that's 1 1/2 hour trip, and she did not stop!!). She also shares a room with her sister so the thing I don't want is my oldest (who sleeps through the night) waking up because of her little sister:) It's just funny because DD1 was the easiest baby ever, so when DD2 arrived, I was like ''this one didn't come with a manual...":dohh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->