Rolling Over?

Discussion in 'Baby Club' started by Lizzyxxx, Jan 31, 2011.

1. Lizzyxxx

Lizzyxxx No.3 On the way!

My LO is 14 weeks this week.
    He is very active but still hasn't rolled over, we have tried getting him used to it and he doesn't enjoy tummy time.
    When they roll over is it from back to side or front to side or what? Thanks

2. bathbabe

bathbabe Mum to 3 boys

Harrison didnt roll till 7months, and some babies never roll x

3. madcam

madcam expecting no 4

my lo didnt roll till he was 5 months he went from back to front x

4. BunnyFace

BunnyFace Mummy

My LO could roll all ways at 3/4 months :) She rolled back to front first :flower:

5. Lizzyxxx

Ok thanks

6. Amy_T

Amy_T Mummy of 3 gorgeous girls

My daughter is 5 months and isn't even close! My eldest was about 7 months too so wouldn't worry!

7. Parkep

Parkep Very happy mom

My lo hasnt rolled over she hates being on her back and tummy to back is harder i hear... i am not worried she is happy and active. One thing with tummy time to help i heard if your lo hates it is to roll up a towel and have them lay on that, so its kind of tucked under the armpits if that makes sense. Like i said dont worry :) some never roll over and some never crawl they go straight to walking :)

8. NG09

NG09 Well-Known Member

My LO first did it at 3 months back to front) but I think he gave hiself such a fright he didn't do it again until last week!!! Now he is doing it all the time. I wouldn't worry, they are all different, my friends LO didn't roll until 7.5 months.

9. beatnick

beatnick Well-Known Member

zakk rolled first time at night at about 3 and a half months and then didnt do it again until about 3 nights ago. Now he does it constantly and sleeps 12 hours on his side or tummy.

We still have to work up a sweat to get him to giggle.

10. ILoveShoes

ILoveShoes Well-Known Member

My LO did it about 2 weeks ago - from front to back. He did it twice, but he hasn't done it since!
    xx

11. Mrs Mayhem

Mrs Mayhem Guest

Holly hates tummy time. She rolled over once but has never done it since, now when we have tummy time she is more into pulling her knee's up to her body and kicking out!

12. Sue Dunhym

Sue Dunhym Mum of 1

My LO will only roll when she's naked! :D I think they feel a bit freer to move when unrestricted by clothes, so you could give that a go. I wouldn't worry though, it's normal for them not to roll for ages.

13. mommy2lilmen

mommy2lilmen Well-Known Member

My 6th lo rolls from tummy to back, I think it is because his tummy is round hehe. My kids all rolled by atleast 7 months latest. Each baby is different. :)

14. New Mrs W

New Mrs W Frankie and Mickey's Mama

Frankie still hasn't rolled yet. He will lift his legs right up and swing them, looking like he's going to roll and me and his daddy are cheering him on, but then he just collapses and smiles at us!! I'm not too worried TBH,he's doing other things. He has been able to hold his weight on his legs since he was a few weeks old, has fabulous head control and is really good on his tummy. All babies are different and will do their own thing in their own time x

15. FLUMPY1984

FLUMPY1984 Well-Known Member

my lo does it all the time even in bed...grrrrr!!! He rolls on his tummy from his back but cant quite seem to go from tummy to back yet. He started this at about 4 months but dont forget every baby is different x

16. mommy2lilmen

mommy2lilmen Well-Known Member

I agree, my kids all learned at different stages then I felt bad when I had my 5th lo as my older 4 learned to walk befor 11 months old, he was still 14/15 months and not even taking steps. Now hes motoring around lol. I worried for nothing I have to say.

17. Lizzyxxx

Thanks all...guess he will when he is ready.

18. RHR

RHR Mummy 2 Isabelle & Sophie

Hi hun, my dd will be 7 months tomorrow and she hasn't rolled over. She has done it by accident, but not deliberately. She'll either learn how to do it or she won't. However, my dd can sit up unaided by herself. I'm not worried at all.

19. kirstylm

kirstylm Well-Known Member

my LO rolled from back to side then right over at about 3 half months.

if u lay next to ur LO while they are ont heir back and hold their hand and gently encourage the rolling.

my LO was a bit frightened after doing it the first time though and took a while to do it again.

20. mrs martin

mrs martin Mummy of 3

I can't honestly remember with my other two, but Connie is 15 weeks and is desperate to do it she is one push away from it but she distracts herself with her feet, they all do it ar different times, I wouldnt stress x