Rubbish at cooking! help!!

Pandasnax

Reaction score
Ok so wasnt quite sure were to find the answer to this as I have very little common sense when it comes to food and cooking haha

I have a frozen gammon amd would like to cook it tonight I wanted to do it in the slow cooker but have no idea if I can cook a frozen gammon in the slow cooker and if so for how long if not what other option do I have if I want to eat it tonight ...... also not good at remembering to defrost meat haha any advice would be great thank you :D xx

You would need to defrost it first.

Forgot to add if it is a raw gammon joint, I would suggest defrosting it for all cooking methods to ensure it is thoroughly cooked through and all an even temperature. It's pretty much the same for all joints of meat. I don't cook anything from frozen, we defrost it all first so you don't get uncooked/cold parts, it's not worth the risk x

What is the best way to defrost it? Would it just have to be over night now? X

Yeah I just leave it out on the side away from any warmth sources ie radiator etc xx

I would let it defrost naturally as PP said. A lovely way to cook it in the slow cooker is to do it in either cherry coke or normal coke ( cherry is the nicest), it has to be regular not diet. For half hour to 3/4 of an hour before you want it take it out of slow cooker and roast in oven to a brown x

Thank you might have to try the cherry coke idea sounds lovely :) xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->