Rubbish at ovulating it seems..

MrsVenn

Reaction score
Hi everyone, a little reassurance needed tonight...I hope you don't mind!

My DH and I have been TTC for 3 months now with no luck so far, so this month I'm using OPKs.

I did a test on the 11th, 12th and 13th - all negative. Then yesterday I did an OPK and it was 'almost' positive i.e. it was a dark line but just a hint lighter than the contol line. So I thought "oh ok, tomorrow it is". Did a test tonight at exactly the same time as the others and now it's negative again...:nope:

I'm worried that I'm not quite 'working' as I should be. Was that my chance? We BD'd last night just incase but still..small window isn't it!

I'm no expert as i have recently started using them myself. I would think that if the line gets progressively darker, and is nearly the same/darker than the control line and then drops off that this was your positive.

I am a biomedical scientist and you find with alot of this type of test that the result can vary depending on the condition, e.g like how much water you have drank. Also maybe you only had a short time of positive and it was already dropping down when you had the line that was nearly as strong as the control.

I've read on here that some girls do them twice a day so not to miss a positive. personally i keep forgetting to do them! Ifigure as long as you bd everyother day through the middle two weeks of your cycle you can't miss it!

good luck xx

I'm no expert as i have recently started using them myself. I would think that if the line gets progressively darker, and is nearly the same/darker than the control line and then drops off that this was your positive.

I am a biomedical scientist and you find with alot of this type of test that the result can vary depending on the condition, e.g like how much water you have drank. Also maybe you only had a short time of positive and it was already dropping down when you had the line that was nearly as strong as the control.

I've read on here that some girls do them twice a day so not to miss a positive. personally i keep forgetting to do them! Ifigure as long as you bd everyother day through the middle two weeks of your cycle you can't miss it!

good luck xx

Thank you, I was feeling a little disheartened...roll on 27th! x

Which opks are you using sweetie? I use the ic ones and i know with those i never get a very dark line,well not one that is as dark as the control line on those. :hugs:

Which opks are you using sweetie? I use the ic ones and i know with those i never get a very dark line,well not one that is as dark as the control line on those. :hugs:

Hiya, I got my ones from 'Saver's do you know it? I think they're basically the same as IC ones. Thank you :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hadleyfai
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->