Running out of time

Good idea from TB - I just got a pack of 30 from Amazon for under £5 so i reckon they should last me a few months and even if you are not really trying then it is good to know when in your cycle you are likely to ovulate once you do get going. :thumbup:

Hi Butterfly-I'm not stalking you, I promise. Just feeling a bit fed up (CD1 blues), and reading through posts for inspiration and advice!

Just wanted to say that I bought the same opks that you mention, and I don't want to get you down, but in my experience, they are almost hopeless, as the second line to indicate that you are positively ovulating barely shows, and you are left doubting if it's there or not. I've gone back to Clear Blue opks, which are more expensive, but reliable.

Also read that EPO can improve ewcm, which obviously is another sign of ovulation, as well as twinges in left or right side (which I always get when I ov).

Hope this helps!

Good luck and lots of :dust::dust: to you and everybody else on here!
x

Good idea from TB - I just got a pack of 30 from Amazon for under £5 so i reckon they should last me a few months and even if you are not really trying then it is good to know when in your cycle you are likely to ovulate once you do get going. :thumbup:

Hi Butterfly-I'm not stalking you, I promise. Just feeling a bit fed up (CD1 blues), and reading through posts for inspiration and advice!

Just wanted to say that I bought the same opks that you mention, and I don't want to get you down, but in my experience, they are almost hopeless, as the second line to indicate that you are positively ovulating barely shows, and you are left doubting if it's there or not. I've gone back to Clear Blue opks, which are more expensive, but reliable.

Also read that EPO can improve ewcm, which obviously is another sign of ovulation, as well as twinges in left or right side (which I always get when I ov).

Hope this helps!

x

Thanks dwrgi, sorry you are feeling fed up, me too - I was wondering what to do tbh. I have done 2 of those test sticks and just about to do the 3rd (CD11 today) and the first 2 had very faint lines but then i remember reading about evap lines and wondering if that is what they are. Problem is I have to go see BF for :sex: as he lives away a bit so I need to book train and I don't know when to book it for so I decided I would go tomorrow and stay til Monday so I could cover CD12, 13, 14 and possibly 15. Hopefully that would work even if EPO delays for a couple of days (although I think I will stop taking it today). But then I think if nothing shows on the sticks am I ovulating at all?! :growlmad:

Hope this helps!

x

Thanks dwrgi, sorry you are feeling fed up, me too - I was wondering what to do tbh. I have done 2 of those test sticks and just about to do the 3rd (CD11 today) and the first 2 had very faint lines but then i remember reading about evap lines and wondering if that is what they are. Problem is I have to go see BF for :sex: as he lives away a bit so I need to book train and I don't know when to book it for so I decided I would go tomorrow and stay til Monday so I could cover CD12, 13, 14 and possibly 15. Hopefully that would work even if EPO delays for a couple of days (although I think I will stop taking it today). But then I think if nothing shows on the sticks am I ovulating at all?! :growlmad:

Hi Butterfly-gosh it's all a worry, isn't it?? And with you it's even more complicated as you don't live with or near your BF; I can understand your frustration!

If I was you, I would defo get yourself some CB ovulation sticks because when you get the smiley face there is NO confusion. I bought myself another set on Amazon (7 tests) for £12, but for this cycle, and the fact you want to book your train ticket, perhaps get some from Boots or Tesco's. They say you will then ovulate 12-48 hours after your LH surge is detected, most common is 36 hours after the actual surge. I've been recommended to test at 2pm (ISH!) as a surge in the morning may not be detected for at least another four hours on the kit. Complicated! Are you temping as well??

It sounds as if you've got the main days covered-hopefully sperm can survive for up to five days in the woman's body, so perhaps try Preseed or Yes Baby lubricant which is sperm friendly, and help preserve sperm life. That way, if you ovulate on day 15 and have to come home, you should have enough swimmies in there to cover your odds!!! Sorry, TMI!

Good luck to you and plenty of :dust::dust: !
A
xx

Thanks for the advice dwrgi, much appreciated. I will try and get myself some CB sticks then although finances are a bit tight right now :(

Also I have been testing at 11am so maybe I will shift that to later in the day so that will maybe help. I haven't delved into the temping game yet but maybe next month...

I'm using conceive plus so hopefully that will have some kind of effect and also I am going to try the soft cups this time round. It's a bit difficult not living so near BF but he is being great and really helpful and I know he will make a really great father so I really hope this works for both our sakes :)

Thanks for the :dust: - Here is some coming over your way too! :dust:

Hey Butterfly67 - just wondering how you are getting on with the OPK's - did you get your smiley face yet? Hope so as I know you're away this week. If it's any help I bought some cheaper ones from Asda and started testing twice a day, once at 11 and then again around 6. I found them fairly easy to interpret although I don't do them every month but what I did gave me a good indication of OV. Fingers xd for you :thumbup:

Hey Butterfly67 - just wondering how you are getting on with the OPK's - did you get your smiley face yet? Hope so as I know you're away this week. If it's any help I bought some cheaper ones from Asda and started testing twice a day, once at 11 and then again around 6. I found them fairly easy to interpret although I don't do them every month but what I did gave me a good indication of OV. Fingers xd for you :thumbup:

Thanks Saz, well I have the cheap ones with the lines - I started testing on cd9 and i got a very faint 2nd line every day until yesterday and today when I got what I would call an 80% line (compared to the other one). I was testing at around 11am each day. So I think that means that I should ovulate today or tomorrow?! Covering my bases anyway and will BD tonight and tomorrow as well just in case. :)

Sounds like a plan butterfly, hope it all went well. I think I am ovulating today going by CM and OV pains...at worst tomorrow so am also making the most of BD!! Slightly nervous about heading into the 2ww again...it seems to come around so quickly these days!! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->