Running while TTC, and hopefully Pregnant

runnergrl

Mom to 2 boys and 1 angel
Reaction score
I know out of all of the women on here, there are at least some of you who are as into health and fitness (particularly running) as I am as a means to stay fit.:thumbup:

I am looking for buddies who do work out consistently and are trying to become pregnant, or who have in the past. I want to know if its any different, harder or easier to stay fit during and after pregnancy, get and swap workout ideas, and see what is and isnt working for those with similar interests to mine!

Please come join me, I would love to share this journey with YOU!:happydance:

YEAH!! first buddy! So I see you live in germany, how is it there? I have never been outside of the US. How long have you been TTC? You are pretty newly-wed as well! Me -10 months.. just so ready to start our family.

So are you training for a race right now or just running to stay fit?

Ok so Im thinking of starting the P90X workouts or the Insanity... has anyone heard of these or better yet, tried them?

hi hun i work out everyday and jogg a bit x x x x

Hi!! I am a gymrat...hahaha! I have the Insanity workouts and they are "insane" I got them a couple of months ago and totally thought I was in shape...dang! It kicked my arse...bad:) I workout with a trainer twice a week and he said he will keep training me even when I am pregnant and all the way through. He is going to take a special training course this summer on prenatal fitness. I feel like if I keep doing my norm as long as I don't have any complications that it will help me spring back after baby is born.
I did read that if you are working out heavily that it can make conceiving a little more difficult due to ovulation suppression. I cut my workouts back to 3-4 days a week for like and hour to hour and a half each session of cardio and weight training twice a week for an hour a session. I have been ovulating fine and I did have to change some of the supplements I was taking. I feel great and hope to be able to keep going.
I am hoping to run a half in September. I haven't been running for a few months and just started back again a couple of weeks ago. Amazing how out of shape I feel.

Great to meet you all!

Yeah! our little workout group:) Do any of you have children already or is everyone TTC baby #1?

I have 2 birth children and 2 adopted children. I have three girls: 19 yrs, 8 yrs, and 6 yrs. I have a son that is 13 yrs old. My 19 yr old is adopted and my 6 yr old is adopted, the two in the middle are my birth children.

I just got home from the gym and I feel fantastic. I am supposed to be in my most fertile time and hoping I "O'd" today or yesterday. We shall see, I will start my 2ww on Friday. EEEEEEeeeeeeee!

Oh how exciting! Based on my last few cycles, this is the first fertile day for me... but I am so irregular! I wont see my DH till this weekend so I hope O happens friday or Sat! Sat is his Bday, how wonderful would that be?!?!?

I started my INSANITY workout this morning with the Fit Test, WOW, that kicked my butt!

i have a 10y old son and i had an ectopic 6 weeks xxxxxx

Ohhh 10 years between kids, that is a nice long break:)

I

I just want my first while I am still 30! My birthday is in Oct! was hoping before 30, but that didnt happen:(

When we did the fit test my DH was really bugged that I beat him on some of the drills. But by the end I was wiped out! It is an amazing workout. My DH got two weeks into it and then had to have surgery and is just now able to get back to working out. He was bummed. I got a little bored with it and the guy on there makes me laugh:rofl:, he is so excited and yelling....
I was on my way to the gym this morning and my trainer called me and said he was sick. I went on in anyway so now I will definately get in my 4 days this week. :happydance:

Runnergrl: I'll hve my fx for an "O" this weekend for you! I figure my older ones will be a big help with a baby so it should be interesting and fun.

Caz and Bob: I'm sorry about your ectopic that can be scary. Did it cause you any scarring? I hope all is well with you.

Big Hugs and Buns of Steel to you all! I am going to go to bed, long day tomorrow.

I'm hoping for two or three O's if u catch my drift, lol!!!

:dust::dust::dust:Then here's hoping for your little eggy to bring along some friends...:baby::baby::baby:

How were all of your weekends? mine was GREAT! Got to see the hubby and do lots of baby dancing:) :) :) :happydance:

oh and by the other "o" I meant orgasm, hehe!!

YEAH!! first buddy! So I see you live in germany, how is it there? I have never been outside of the US. How long have you been TTC? You are pretty newly-wed as well! Me -10 months.. just so ready to start our family.

So are you training for a race right now or just running to stay fit?

sorry this took so long! it took this off of my subscribed list so i didn't even know you gals were posting. :shrug:

hi wispy! :wave:

yes, i'm stationed in germany. it's pretty nice, really cool tourist place. i always describe it as the place i always wanted to visit, but never wanted to stay. haha.

DH and I were NTNP for about two years, but actively trying we got to try Dec 09, Feb 10, and our next is June 10. So, 3 months we've actually got to. Yes, I'm newlywed too, hehe. Almost at the year and a half mark. Wow! I feel you on starting a family. I have two step kids, but i'm so ready for my own!

I'm not training for a race. Just, in the Army, we run three days a week and I enjoy it. We do a lot of body work, so I don't do too much in my spare time, but I really like running!

When we did the fit test my DH was really bugged that I beat him on some of the drills. But by the end I was wiped out! It is an amazing workout. My DH got two weeks into it and then had to have surgery and is just now able to get back to working out. He was bummed. I got a little bored with it and the guy on there makes me laugh:rofl:, he is so excited and yelling....
I was on my way to the gym this morning and my trainer called me and said he was sick. I went on in anyway so now I will definately get in my 4 days this week. :happydance:

Runnergrl: I'll hve my fx for an "O" this weekend for you! I figure my older ones will be a big help with a baby so it should be interesting and fun.

Caz and Bob: I'm sorry about your ectopic that can be scary. Did it cause
you any scarring? I hope all is well with you.

Big Hugs and Buns of Steel to you all! I am going to go to bed, long day tomorrow.

no hun not got much scarring did not no it was ectopic till my oh seen it on the screen and the nurse said ho yes i didnt have pain or anythink only brown blood what smealt foul xxxxx

I'm currently TTC, first month completed and would like to start P90X.....has anyone ever tried it....is it too intense for beginning pregnancy if I were to get pregnant during the 90 days? I am in shape now just looking for something different. I just dont' want to start something new that is going to take my body overboard.

Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->