Runny Stools - Help? **TMI**

Discussion in 'Baby Club' started by polo_princess, Apr 4, 2009.

1. polo_princess

polo_princess ♥ Brookes Mummy ♥

Brooke has developed a case of the runs this evening and im a little worried ...

I dont know if babies are the same with the runs but her stools are verging on watery with lumps but its really mucusy ... ive never seem it before and its not very pleasant.

Is that normal? Should normal runs be mucusy? Shes never had the runs before so i dont really know whats what :baby:

2. Shri

Shri Well-Known Member

If she has been drooling a lot it could well be from all the saliva. Apparently that can cause runny mucousy stools. Oscars poops have been like that since he started his droolathon.

3. bigbelly2

bigbelly2 mommy of 2!

is she teething chick? could be a number of things but tommy is always like that when he has a tooth breaking through...

h x

4. polo_princess

polo_princess ♥ Brookes Mummy ♥

You know its quite possible, she has been extra drooly today and has been in a right grump this afteroon.

5. Linzi

Linzi Prodest mummy ever

Yep I agree Seth's are like that when he's teething, got a nasty case atm too :( Poor little things!

xxx

6. Vickie

Vickie Hannah & Rhys <3

yeah my mom said that could happen with teething, didn't happen with us thank goodness but it is possible

7. PeanutBean

PeanutBean Mumma to Byron & Indigo

Byron's not been teething but he's occasionally had these muscousy runs. I don't think it's abnormal, not that the runs are desirable! He's had runs when he's been feeding too much and when he got really mucousy for a few days, maybe a bit of a cold or something, that made him throw up a lot too, which was also snotty. I wouldn't worry. As usual just make sure she's not dehydrated.