Runs both times

Unlucky41

Reaction score
My son is currently 1 week shy of 5 months. I tried giving him banana and then he had the runs. Then I waited a few days and gave him carrots puree and again he has the runs. These foods should be safe is Something wrong with him?

Don't have another doctor appointment for him until the end of September. Is it common for babies to have the runs when trying new solids?

He's still very young. It could be completely coincidental. But there's no rush, so I would just wait a few more weeks to a month and try again. Mine did when we started solids, but not because of that (because she was teething, which can cause awful digestive issues). But it's very normal for it to cause gas and bloating and discomfort for the first few weeks. He's only 4 months, so I would just give it some time and try again. We didn't start until 6 months, so you have plenty of time.

Thanks for relying. We tried baby rice today as tomorrow he will be 5 months. Hopefully no reaction. He isn't that interested in solids yet but just getting him used to swallowing eh.

I agree with mindutopia there's no rush at all at his age, it may be that his tummy isn't quite ready yet causing the problems. I also wouldn't worry too much about getting him used to swallowing they pick it up quickly if you start later. DD had to make the connection that food satisied her hunger now there's no stopping her! Took her about 4 or 5 days at 23-24 weeks old

I have subsequently tried baby rice and avocado and no reaction. But bub is not really interested . Yes taking it easy until he shows more interest eh.

I'd probably stop altogether until he's at least 6 months.

If he's not interested, he's not ready and that's ok. My first was on solids just prior to 4mths (his choice, he lunged and pinched my banana) but my second wasn't interested until almost 7 months. They are both very good eaters now and eat a wide variety of foods. Don't stress :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->