Rural Living...

Honestly 1 mile is nothing. My mother lives 2 miles from me in the middle of nowhere. I walk it at least 4 times per week and i can drive.

Also with regards to you learning to drive, moving will spur you on to drive. You probably will put it off and off and never learn if you stay where you are.

Country living is so much better and quieter.

Go for it!!

A mile defo isn't much but I would still say it has to be walkable. And safe with the kids too. Grass verges can slow you down depending on the length and be tiring. So I defo agree with a pp to test the walk out. Have a look, see how you feel, sleep on it. How often would the council cut the grass verge? Do you literally walk along/cross the a5?
I don't drive either so I would defo take all of that into consideration? what about work?
glad to hear you are more positive x

Oh forgot to add if you do decide to move you will need a plan for your current debt with youth energy supplier too x

I would go for it, a mile is nothing and if you were desperate a taxi for that distance would be so cheap (to our local train station which is about 2 miles its £5 in taxi) I grew up in middle of know where and loved it. Me and dd do the 2 mile walk into nearest town most days and it takes no time at all. You might find some public footpaths as well

Def go for it. A mile is nothing, and well worth it for a better house.

I'd do it too, as a child my primary school was a good mile and a half away and we walked it until I was in year 5 and then a bus was supplied. We were rural then although I wouldn't have called it that because a mile is so close. Why don't you walk it chick? Go and view the house and see what you think?

I would do the walk to make sure you feel comfortable with it with the kiddies.. I know villages sometimes don't have the best paths.
But aside from that I would definitely do it.
When I do the school run I cover over 2.5 miles and it feels like nothing now.

Xx

I live rural and it was horrendous when I couldn't drive. Mainly stuff like doctors and things cause you cant walk when ill. Just was crap without a car in all honesty. School runs etc xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->