rusk??

xoxsarahxox

Reaction score
this may seem a silly questionto some but i dont no so thought i would ask. my son is 4 months old and i normally give him a rusk biscuit throughout the day (softened with milk and spoon fed) anyway...he is now teething badly and was wondering if it is safe to let him naw on a rusk biscuit?? i have trying teething rings ect but hes not interested in them and just drops thme. but i no a biscuit he would glady have a naw on. so is it safe to let him? x

(oh and btw, he doesnt haveany teeth yet just a teeny tiny tip of one poking out his gum)

It's up to you Sarah.

They are full of sugar however so there might be alternatives for you.

I dont know about how safe it would be but they do have ALOT of sugar in

i dont understand why your giving him a rusk is it to fill him up?

weaining isnt recomended till 6 months and if hes hungry have you not thought of giving him something more healthy than a rusk there full of sugar?

as for chewing on one i wouldnt let my lo they easily get soggy and if baby isnt ready to eat they can choke how about piece of cucumber cold out of the fridge?

are you giving him teething powders they might help instead of food to chew also theres a teether called sophie the gariffe and thats is highly recomeded as its easy for them to hold

I agree, you can if you want but they're full of sugar and can break off easily.

Try Bickiepegs, they're pretty good

Have you seen bickipegs? They are specifically designed for teething babies. they have a string with which you tie it to the baby's clothes and they can happily gnaw away :) Rusks should be ok as they dissolve quite quickly, so chocking hazard would be low, but as they're not that hard I found they didn't really help my LO with teething

I dont think a risk would help with teething hun, have you tried teething powders and stuff?

weaining isnt recomended till 6 months and if hes hungry have you not thought of giving him something more healthy than a rusk there full of sugar?

as for chewing on one i wouldnt let my lo they easily get soggy and if baby isnt ready to eat they can choke how about piece of cucumber cold out of the fridge?

are you giving him teething powders they might help instead of food to chew also theres a teether called sophie the gariffe and thats is highly recomeded as its easy for them to hold

as for weaning that is not what i started this topic for. i dont mean to sound rude, it is recommended you dont wean til 6 months, however i have out of my own choice chose to give him food. i have a 3 year old who i weaned at 4 months and he is perfectly healthy. its personal choice. and i dont need you to criticise me on my choice of foods. other memebrs who have replied have made me aware they are full of sugar but havent come across as being rude in any way.

as for weaning that is not what i started this topic for. i dont mean to sound rude, it is recommended you dont wean til 6 months, however i have out of my own choice chose to give him food. i have a 3 year old who i weaned at 4 months and he is perfectly healthy. its personal choice. and i dont need you to criticise me on my choice of foods. other memebrs who have replied have made me aware they are full of sugar but havent come across as being rude in any way.

Some reports now consider that weaning at 4 months is perfectly fine and healthy for a child. We will begin weaning our LO at around the 4/5 month mark.

I have heard that biccypegs are good but have no idea where you get them from!! and as said by a previous poster, sophie the giraffe is meant to be fantastic! Hope you find something that works!!

I wouldnt give rusk as they are full of sugars even the reduced sugar ones has loads of it.
I compared the other week between the normal one and the reduced one and even the reduced sugar packet has loads of sugar in it :dohh::dohh:

The op was asking about teething, not weaning, she will be well aware of recommendations and has made her own choices, I'd give cucumber out the fridge, or carrot sticks, my LO wasn't interested in bikipegs, j give him an apple to munch on

Rusks go soggy so wouldnt really help IMO.

Btw I'm not going to slate rusks because they are recommended in my case for high calorie weaning.

I've never tried bickiepegs but they sound harder so ideal. Rusks just go slobbery and all over the place aaaarrrgggghh

cucumber is great cus its nice and cool, i've given that to Jacob when teething before :) good tip shortie !

i have never heard of bickipegs?? what are they?

They are like little sticks, very hard, but don't taste very nice!

Riley actually prefers to chew my fingers, so I let him do that

EDIT I got some from asda

Some reports now consider that weaning at 4 months is perfectly fine and healthy for a child. We will begin weaning our LO at around the 4/5 month mark.

I have heard that biccypegs are good but have no idea where you get them from!! and as said by a previous poster, sophie the giraffe is meant to be fantastic! Hope you find something that works!!

I got mine from asda in the baby section :)

im sure you can get completely sugar free rusks now a days... but as others have said they do go mushy quite quickly and might not be so good for chewing on for teething, maybe try some new things like possible veg sticks or bickipegs - theres also other harder ''teething' biscuit type things you can try - i dont know the names but i saw a pack in boots that look like dog biscuits!! lol.
im going to be doing the rusk and breast milk thing at 4m or mashed banana and milk - my dds loved it :)

Right, apologies if I sound a bit thick but I keep seeing people say cucumber for teething.

How do I do this? I mean how big/thick should it be.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->