Ryvita Crispbread and wensleydale cheese?

Jennir0se

Reaction score
I really fancy some of the Ryvita crispbread with some cranberry wensleydale cheese, is this same during pregnancy? also, do i need to limit how much of it i eat because i loveee it.

Jenni, that sounds delicious! (It also makes me think of Wallace and Grommit!).

What I've read is that, first, you need to avoid unpasteurized cheeses. Assuming your delish Wensleydale is pasteurized, I think it still tends to fall into the "soft cheese" category. Some of the books I've read say that we should avoid soft cheeses during pregnancy because of the fear of listeriosis. However, they do say that if you heat it until it's bubbling, it's safe to eat. Not sure that would work well with the Wensleydale, but if you fancy it, I'd give it a go! Just throw it on the Ryvita and put it under the broiler until it's bubbling, and see how it is!

It's absolutely fine & perfectly safe! No worrying necessary!! No cooking necessary! Carry on as normal.

Enjoy it.

You can eat as much cheese as you like if it's been made with pasteurised milk and most (including Brie / Camembert) are in the UKs retailers.

Wensleydale isn't a soft cheese in that sense, it falls into the medium to hard category so don't worry xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->