Sad..

Babydance

Reaction score
hey ladies,

I just wanted someone to talk to.. DH works away and went away on Wednesday and im feeling so down. I just want him near me all the time just incase, he is only away for 2 weeks but i miss him so much right now!
I feel so anxious and stressed when he's away and ended up going to the hospital yesterday with blurred vision, headache and felt very faint!! Everything is ok but i think i'm getting myself so worked up its causing this.
I've just read on the birth stories about a lady who lost her perfect little girl 7 hours after having her and now i cant stop crying.. :( :cry::cry:

Are you able to talk to him while he is away? I know how it is, sometimes my OH has to go away for a couple weeks at a time for work and I absolutely hate it when he's gone. I am hoping that he doesn't have to go away during my pregnancy again (he was away when I found out I was pregnant) but it is always a very possible thing and unfortunately possible that he could be offshore when I do go into labour (hoping that doesnt happen!) Good luck hun and try to keep calm and as relaxed as possible, your baby needs you to be as stress-free as possible right now. Do you have a friend or family member that could come and stay with you for a little bit while he is gone to help keep you busy and your mind off things?

Are you able to talk to him while he is away? I know how it is, sometimes my OH has to go away for a couple weeks at a time for work and I absolutely hate it when he's gone. I am hoping that he doesn't have to go away during my pregnancy again (he was away when I found out I was pregnant) but it is always a very possible thing and unfortunately possible that he could be offshore when I do go into labour (hoping that doesnt happen!) Good luck hun and try to keep calm and as relaxed as possible, your baby needs you to be as stress-free as possible right now. Do you have a friend or family member that could come and stay with you for a little bit while he is gone to help keep you busy and your mind off things?

Hey hunny, He can email me and call me but if he's busy or the phones are down i'll quite often not hear from him for days :( DH was away when i found out i was pregnant aswell, it was scary taking the tests on my own! DH has taken time early so he is due to be home when im 39 weeks so if she is early dont know what i'll do! My Mum stays 30 miles away but she babysits my nephew as my SIL has just returned to work after maternity leave. I just feel so lost :( Where abouts does your DH work? xxx

:hugs: ah hun you sound lonely.. i can't imagine how you feel as my hubby doesnt work away but he does work long hours and nights and those are bad enough. don't really know what to tell you to make it any more bearable but just wanted to send a hug, let you know i'm thinking of you x

He works for his dad's company... he's a diver and a captain so it can bring him away often, it all depends on where there is work and what's going on at that time. They're usually finishing up stuff in November which kind of sucks because they can't postpone anything or not go as it's not a big company and he does most of the work for it.
I remember trying to get a hold of him and sending him so many text messages telling him he had to call me, I was so excited to tell someone but didn't want to tell anyone else.
I know that there is a chance that he won't be able to come right over when I do go into labour, but it doesn't mean I like it at all, and am praying it doesn't happen. I told him he better swim back to shore if he has to, I don't care how he has to get here lol.
I will be hoping for you that baby doesn't come early so your OH is able to be home with you.

Oh hun - it must be horrible, and especially so when you are pregnant and want to share it all with him x

If it makes you feel any better I know how you feel. How long has he been going away for since you met? Me and DH will have been together 4 years in sept and I deal with it all the time, hes in the RAF and goes away twice a year for 2 months at a time. He was away for the first 12 weeks of the pregnancy (and yep me too did the test on my own and told him over the phone), good for him because I was not good company and oh the sickness lol!! But it does get easier and I live 4 hours drive from friends or family, and I don't drive so it is hard, but i try keep myself busy and got my little guinea pigs to keep me company. Luckily he isn't going away any time now as I'm due in 4 weeks almost, but obv he will have to go away again and we just don't know when it will be its hard to plan, could be straight after the birth could be weeks or months after, i do know how you feel but i wish it was only 2 weeks for me, sniff sniff

i know some ladies DH's are in the army and i have so much admiration for them.. but i just miss him :( i feel so exhausted all the time just now cos i dont sleep well when he is away anyway but now that Soph wakes me up every 2 hours aswell im like a zombie! xxx

If it makes you feel any better I know how you feel. How long has he been going away for since you met? Me and DH will have been together 4 years in sept and I deal with it all the time, hes in the RAF and goes away twice a year for 2 months at a time. He was away for the first 12 weeks of the pregnancy (and yep me too did the test on my own and told him over the phone), good for him because I was not good company and oh the sickness lol!! But it does get easier and I live 4 hours drive from friends or family, and I don't drive so it is hard, but i try keep myself busy and got my little guinea pigs to keep me company. Luckily he isn't going away any time now as I'm due in 4 weeks almost, but obv he will have to go away again and we just don't know when it will be its hard to plan, could be straight after the birth could be weeks or months after, i do know how you feel but i wish it was only 2 weeks for me, sniff sniff

hun i dont know how you cope! although i think DH wishes he could have been away for the first 12 weeks lol! We've been together 7 years and he's been offshore for 6 1/2 of them
I think it's starting to hit me that when Soph arrives it'll just be me and her for 2 weeks!! xx

I'm in the same boat, it's crappy isn't it :hugs: My OH is offshore in Norway on a 2 on 2 off rotation until at least August which is stressing me with the fact I've got complications and prob won't make it full term. If I go into labour whilst he's away even if the weather was perfect and a helicopter picked him up almost immediately Kermit would still prob have arrived by the time he got down here and he's warned me at this time of year it could potentially be several days before he gets back if theres fog offshore :cry:

I think all we can do is keep our fingers (and legs!) crossed that babies don't arrive until OHs are home :hugs: PM me if you want to :hugs:

Awww, hon. You know where I am if you need to talk :hug:

xxx

It's perfectly understandable especially at the moment with all that's going on with their method of work transport as that won't help stress levels either!

AWW hun big hugs!!! Id miss my DH sooooo much too!

It's perfectly understandable especially at the moment with all that's going on with their method of work transport as that won't help stress levels either!

Youre totally right there! Thankfully DH's work dont use Bond choppers but the rig those boys had just left was along side DH's. I told him to call me AS SOON as he arrived there this time!! I get so stressed every time he flys as it is! When it came up on the news i got so clingy to him he understood but i felt like a kid clutching their parents legs i just couldnt let him go!! xx

I was the same, my OH was sitting at the heliport in Stavanger waiting to fly offshore when it happened and then got stuck there with the fog for days so I had days of panicking whether he was flying that day or not (he made the mistake of telling me that whilst his company don't use Bond it was the same model of helicopter he was flying off in!). I've got him to start calling me when he checks in at the heliport and tells me what time his flight is due to leave and as soon as he arrives offshore plus extra calls now if there are delays so I don't panic too much.

I was the same, my OH was sitting at the heliport in Stavanger waiting to fly offshore when it happened and then got stuck there with the fog for days so I had days of panicking whether he was flying that day or not (he made the mistake of telling me that whilst his company don't use Bond it was the same model of helicopter he was flying off in!). I've got him to start calling me when he checks in at the heliport and tells me what time his flight is due to leave and as soon as he arrives offshore plus extra calls now if there are delays so I don't panic too much.

Im exactly the same, DH said the exact same thing to me "We dont use Bond but its all the same helicopters" not what i needed to hear!!
Stress just now isnt good for us or LO's so regular calls are always needed!! Is you DH away at the moment? xxx

Yep he's due back to Aberdeen next Tuesday night weather dependent so he should get down here Friday morning :happydance::happydance:

Yep he's due back to Aberdeen next Tuesday night weather dependent so he should get down here Friday morning :happydance::happydance:

Aw sweetie thats ages to get to you!! Im quite lucky as DH lands and is normally home within 4 hours.
Youve only 3 more sleeps till's he's back onshore though! yey :happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->