Safe Acne Treatments

mkyerby16

Reaction score
Hello ladies!
First off I'm not currently pregnant and won't be trying until June, but I thought this might be the best place to ask this. I was wondering what your doctor recommended as safe to treat your acne during pregnancy. Of course when the time comes I'm planning on talking to my own doctor, but I just wanted to see what everyone else uses out of curiosity. I've researched it online and seen such mixed reviews about salicylic acid or benzoyl peroxide being safe or not. I currently use both in the forms of face wash, toner, & spot treatment and I know that when I come off of the pill in a month that my acne is probably going to be horrible. What is your pregnancy skincare routine? Thanks!

Hiya,

I had bad acne with number one, and had it this time around too.

I was recommended to use Quinoderm face wash and then topical cream, and it is a bit drying on the skin but it makes a big difference. Maybe try that out? I know a lot of pregnant ladies on here that used it when they suggested it to me, so it's safe xx

Hi! My dr said any of the over the counter stuff (benzoyl and salicyc acid) are perfectly fine. I used both a face wash with SA and 2.5% BP daily with no issues last pregnancy. He said what you need to be careful of is where you go to a place and have major treatments done with the stuff, like chemical peels etc. The over the counter stuff has such a low amount and you are putting it on such a small area. Hope that helps!

Thankfully my acne has cleared up since my BFP.
I go to a cosmetician regularly, and once I was pregnant she totally changed my routine.
I just use a gentle soap and moisturizing gel, sun block of course.
Usually anything you can buy in a drugstore is fine, it's the chemical peels and cosmetician stuff that can be harmful.

I used over the counter salicylic acid facewash at night and cetaphil oil facewash in the morning. I did the same with my son and had no issues. I used a salicylic acid spot treatment occasionally if I had one really nasty one. Lol. Lactic acid is completely safe to use if you really don't wanna use the over the counter stuff. I tried lactic acid though and it made my skin worse so I went back to the salicylic acid at night. It helps tremendously!

This may sound silly but I use honey for my acne! I'm so sensitive to over the counter items and I've heard awful stories about prescription acne treatment so my husband suggested honey (he uses it on everything lol) and it works pretty well for me so far.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->