Safe amount of exercise?

Kirstin

Reaction score
The week before I got my BFP I was on the treadmill going 5mph for 2-3 miles, I was just wondering whether this is safe to continue? I haven't done any since getting my bfp and OH is wondering why I've suddenly stopped:( xx

i went for 40 minutes stairmaster yesterday :)...as long as it's low impact exercice and you do drink often when exercicing you should be fine :)...

it's help with my mind and my bloating for me to work out !

I've been wondering this too!

Thinking of doing more swimming as it's no impact and so relaxing for me.

For running, I have a heart rate monitor so I can make sure I don't overexert myself.

If you were already working out regularly before you got pregnant doing what is normal for you, there is no reason not to continue. I run or go on the elliptical for 45 minutes a day and haven't changed anything. It's better for you and baby.

My doctor told me no activity restrictions. She said I could even lift weights as long as I was doing it before. However, I notice I haven't been able to do as much because I'm exhausted. I used to run 3-5 miles several times a week but now I'm lucky if I can get 1 mile in running so now I just walk at an incline and do the elliptical. It helps my energy!!

I cycle most days when I feel well, started using the tandem due to dizzy spells but im doing usually 25+ miles a week

Honestly i'm too scared to do anything other than walking!

me also, used to run a fair bit but I'm going to just slow it down for a while and go on lots of dogwalk instead. Got mini weights also for gentle toning which shouldn't be too stressful. I do enough running around in work anyway!

i swim and i walk on the treadmill, i used to rum but im slowing it down now!

I read that if you used to exercise before getting pg, then it's fine to continue. But watch your heart rate - it shouldn't go over 140 bpm. Also, don't work yourself too hard - listen to your body. It's also important to keep yourself hydrated before and during exercise as well.

I was reading up on this at the weekend. NHS direct says that walking and swimming are best if you're not used to exercising (like me), nothing that raises your heart rate too much.

If you are more active normally then you don't have to stop completely, just keep it sensible.

I used to run regulary (my best was 8miles!) before getting pg but when I got pg I stopped as was too tired! Ive now started to feel more energetic so will make the most of it and get out on long walks with the dog and maybe I'll do the odd 20mins on cross trainer. I have been told it actually benifits baby too with the rush of endorphins...happy baby! lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"