Safe to put flea treatment on pets?

wonderstruck

Reaction score
I just put a dose of Advantage on all 5 of my cats and dogs (we had a minor infestation a couple months ago from kittens I was fostering) and it just occurred to me that it may be a safety risk since I'm pregnant. I can't really find any concrete answers online as to if it is dangerous... obviously insecticides aren't the best thing to be handling, but should I be worried if I got a bit on my skin while applying or if I accidentally touch my pets where it was applied? I'm kind of freaking out now.

I'm guessing it's probably nothing to worry about. If you think about it, the amount you might have gotten on your skin would be a very small fraction of a dose that is safe for animals that are much smaller than humans.

Maybe wear gloves if you actually have to retreat them while still pregnant, but I personally wouldn't worry about petting the animals after the treatment has dried/absorbed.

I use a flea treatment on my cat and dog during pregnancy, I just make sure that I wash my hands well after applying it - try not to worry too much, just make sure if you do that you wash up well after or wear gloves xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->