SAHM Advice

Hoping4lil1

Reaction score
I would really like to become a SAHM, but I need to work at least part-time. I have a degree in education and would like to continue in that field, but am open to pretty much anything.

My friend and I have been considering starting an online business. We are pretty creative and have designed stationary (cards, invitations, etc...). I'm not sure if we can actually do this, but I'll keep dreaming.

Any SAHM that work from home have advice? I'm back at work until February and would like to be able to stay home for good at this time.

Thanks so much in advance :)

I need work to do too, but I have no degrees or training.. kinda sucks :nope:

It's so frustrating that in order to live comfortably we both have to work. I always thought I would be fine being a working mom. Then I had my baby and now all I want is to be a stay at home mom.

Have you thought about being an independent consultant for a company (like Avon or something)? I'm looking into doing that. I doubt you would need a degree for that and I have heard that you can make some decent money doing it.

Good luck!

I looked into Avon, but from what I've read up I'll end up owing more then what I make, as you hafta buy their books or magazines to pass around. And I really don't need to get into debt right now. But I'm thinking of maybe looking at other selling jobs like it that doesn't require a fee and there isn't much pressure.

What kind of degree do you have? There's always demand for home tutors.

My best friend (who was a secondary maths teacher until she had her baby) now tutors 3 days a week most weeks, from 3:30-7:30 and more during exam season etc.

But she earns £30 an hour, which is fairly cheap for a tutor but is bringing in just shy of 1k a month and still gets to spend the days with her baby.

Apart from that, I have no clue. I think the creative stuff can be incredibly time consuming.

Avon shouldn't really have any start up costs for you, my 17 year old niece did it for a while and was given her first batch of books and bought the next ones with some of the money she made from her first orders. She enjoyed doing it and met a lot of people she'd not normally have had the chance to get to know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->