Salty / sour taste in mouth after eating????

MamaK

Mama to Miles
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

So it seems I have a new symptom today, after everything I eat I have this weird salty / sour taste in my mouth, its horrible :hissy:.

Is this what people refer to as the metallic taste?! And has anyone started getting it around 9-10 weeks?

And, the ultimate question, is there anything you can do about this???

Thanks alot :) :hug:

apart from brush ya teeth constantly and carry chewing gum with you there nothink ya can do lol, its horrible it makes me feel 10 tims as sick x

Never had that.. but i had metal mouth with my first and it was just that a strong metal taste. like id been sucking on 2ps.....

i am sooo glad someone else has said this i have been getting the weirdest kind of acidy taste right at the back of my mouth the last couple of days and wondered if it was anything to do with pregnancy!

i had this too ladies, it drove me mad! congratulations to all in first tri on your :bfp: :hugs:

I also have this and nothing taste right anymore , even soda taste bad , this was actually my first pregnancy symptom . I chew alot of speramint gum , it seems to help .

i can not say that i have noticed this but then again maybe its because i have my tongue pierced (sp?)(prego brain deffo working over time with my spelling lol) so i constantly have metal in my mouth lol :rofl:

I had a horrible taste in my mouth for a bit I had to brush constantly. I hated it!

Thank you everyone!!!! :hugs:

I thought that maybe it would miraculously go away today, but after eating my cereal this morning there it was again... its such a weird taste.

Indeed after brushing my teeth and using alot of mouthwash it was gone (or masked, haha)...

I read online yesterday that if you can stomach spicey foods then this helps, so I tried that last night and yes, the taste was gone but only for a short while until I ate something else.

Also, I spoke with my colleague (who is 35 weeks pregnant) and she said she had the same thing and hated it, she couldnt enjoy any food at all... but yes it did go away after a while.

:hug: to everyone and hope your all doing well :)

i take gaviscon liquid and it gets rid of the taste immediately....

i wish i didnt have to take the gaviscon but its the only thing that helps.. any other cures?

I thought my nausea feeling had maybe gone away a bit today as I was soooo hungry this morning, however I am eating my usual crackers and cheese and it tastes SOOOO disgusting :hissy::hissy::hissy::hissy:

How crap..... hungry but whatever I eat tastes horrible :(

May try Gaviscon, but dont really want to take any medications.... at least I have some chewing gum in my bag.

I have a horrid taste in my mouth as well which makes me feel really sick. I also find that if I eat bread or biscuits it leaves a yucky sweet taste in the back of my mouth. Cannot wait for that to stop.

im completly the same! i have just finished eating my lunch, a sandwich, and now my mouth taste horrible! it makes me really thirsty and but all drinks taste gone off. i cant wait 4 this 2 be over cos i'm always so hungry but i cant enjoy my food x

im completly the same! i have just finished eating my lunch, a sandwich, and now my mouth taste horrible! it makes me really thirsty and but all drinks taste gone off. i cant wait 4 this 2 be over cos i'm always so hungry but i cant enjoy my food x

Exactly!!!! :hissy:

Boooooo.... at least when I had nausea when I ate it was going OK and I even enjoyed some food, but now thats also out the window :(

I am trying different foods, but it just all tastes the same afterwards :dohh:.

Oh well, lets hope this pases quite quickly ;)

:hug:

Sorry, old thread, I had to bump it, I have an awful taste in my mouth, like Im sucking a SUPER SOUR sweet, had it for about 3 hours since we ate tea, I tried Gaviscon but it only worked for half hour, and now its back.

Feels almost like just before you are gonna be sick and your mouth waters, yet I dont feel sick.

Any tips??? :flower:

Yea, hate it!! But just keep thinking it could be alot worse

I have it too. Anytime I eat I gotta chew gum right after. It goes away in the second tri.

I have that and it's horrible. I thought it was ginger ale doing it to me, but I get that taste even after I just brush my teeth. I hope it goes away soon!

Im dealing better with it now, the excessive saliva that comes with it is annoying though

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->