sausages ?

coz

Mummy to 2 boys
Reaction score
can an 8 month old have sausages ? were having sausage and mash for dinner so was gonna do him some ? xx

If hes already eaten meat I dont see why not :) max had some last night with his spag !

I'm sure he can have them... Personally I wouldn't give Josh sausages because of what's inside of them & the amount of salt that's in them, but like 1st_baby said, if Charlie has had meat before you can feed it to him xx

Charlies not had meat before, ah im worried now i dont think i will give him any sausage maybe just mash and veg if he likes it xxx

I don't think sausages would be a good way to introduce meat into his diet.
Sausages are one of the worst fatty, salty, unhealthy meats. How about giving him something leaner and not processed?
'

They can contain a lot of salt and the skin could be choked on. You could just skin a tiny piece and mush it in with the mash and veggies though

I don't think sausages would be a good way to introduce meat into his diet.
Sausages are one of the worst fatty, salty, unhealthy meats. How about giving him something leaner and not processed?
'

hiya, i decided not to give it to him im not too good with meats, im a bit of a fussy meat eater myself so dont cook alot of meat, any ideas on what meat they can have at his age ? xx

Josh has Chicken and beef. They can have pork and turkey too, but I don't eat it so I don't give it to him.

Coz, I am vegetarian and won't be giving Mia any meat, so I can offer zero advice on that topic :)

I can only say what the other girls said , i was thinking about giving ella some as we had some the other night , but there not the best meats and full of crap so its best to stay clear :)

How about try him on some chicken for his first meat!? Im sure he would love it!

I find chicken is great for blending into a puree with some veg and potato or rice. My little ones both loved it. Most meats work wel though. I just take out some of whatever we're having before we season it, and put it in the blender. Always works well. Fish is also fab for blending into a puree.

I find chicken is great for blending into a puree with some veg and potato or rice. My little ones both loved it. Most meats work wel though. I just take out some of whatever we're having before we season it, and put it in the blender. Always works well. Fish is also fab for blending into a puree.

do you know what sort of fishs they can have ?

I've got the annabel karmel book with lots of recipes in. At 8 months she uses alsorts of fish. I know there are a couple with white fish like haddock and cod (unsmoked), and I think there's also a salmon one. I just make sure I check the pack to make sure no added nastys like salt and preservatives. Also a stay clear of any shellfish. One of my friends gives her LO's tuna, but you have to make sure if its tinned that its in spring water rather than brine... I've not tried it yet though because i've alway hated tuna Reminds me of cat food :winkwink:

I've got the annabel karmel book with lots of recipes in. At 8 months she uses alsorts of fish. I know there are a couple with white fish like haddock and cod (unsmoked), and I think there's also a salmon one. I just make sure I check the pack to make sure no added nastys like salt and preservatives. Also a stay clear of any shellfish. One of my friends gives her LO's tuna, but you have to make sure if its tinned that its in spring water rather than brine... I've not tried it yet though because i've alway hated tuna Reminds me of cat food :winkwink:

cat food :rofl: i do like tuna do you know if they can have sardines ?

do you know if they can have sardines ?

They can, but think it would be fresh rather than tinned, perhaps tinned if not preserved or cooked in any salt?

Found this if any help, gives a rough guide on what you can introduce when:
https://www.askbaby.com/when-can-my-baby-eat.htm

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"