Saving on clothes

DollPosse

Reaction score
I'm pregnant with my third baby and I don't want to spend money on pregnancy clothes since this will be my last baby. I'm due in July and my my last baby was a March baby. I don't have much warmer weather clothing. I started wearing maternity last year in early fall. Most of my clothes were fall/winter.

What are some tips on making regular clothes and other seasonal clothes work?

I wore normal tunics & leggings which fitted me throughout pregnancy. I was lucky though as I was not too big!

I used those elasticated bands that you hook onto normal trousers, not sure of the name of them though!

I love wearing leggings, large shirts as well.
That is good advice. Thank you ladies.

The only maternity clothes I've bought are two pairs of pants with the belly panel, six short-sleeved shirts, and a few dresses. For colder weather clothing I've been wearing regular tops that are long and flowy enough to fit over and cover my belly, and regular cardigans, open, over the short-sleeved maternity shirts. I've also been wearing regular dresses with empire waists that will accommodate the bump and supplemented my bottoms with stretchy sweat pants and leggings. It's worked out quite well and if I could do it over I probably wouldn't even bother with the maternity dresses.

I've converted an old winter coat to a cape like this https://notetoburntryce.blogspot.co.uk/2011/03/diy-cape.html?m=1 it's more roomy this way so should last longer. Other than that lots of jogging bottoms and yoga pants.

Leggings, jeggings, oversized tees & jumpers, vest tops, joggers, cardigans & my favourite - OHs clothes :haha: :thumbup:

I never paid for belly bands, I used a hair tie lol... Saves spending a ridiculous $30 on something that's not getting much use! And hair ties work excellently, I found!

My mum is a size 18ish so I just borrowed stuff from her!

Leggings are fine, wear them under your bump with a long top over.

I also bought some 'bump bands' like a stretchy boobtube for your bump. It meant I could wear normal clothes and it covered my bump when it poked out the bottom of my regular sized tops!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->