Savings!

Status
Not open for further replies.

leoniebabey

mam of 2 boys
Reaction score
i know there was a thread like this but i can't find it, how much have we all saved so far!?

just added up morgans total,
Should have been - £679
Actual spend - £210
TOTAL SAVING - £469

harveys total
should have been - £574
atual spend - £225
TOTAL SAVING - £359

Urgh I feel so depressed working that out. Quite disgusted by how much I've spent.

Summer - I've saved £147 but spent £334 after that.

Maci - I've saved £128 but spent £403

Sickened that I've spent so much. Gonna re tally.

i have went over budget but i have scrapped the joint gift which gives a bit extra budget each, i have vouchers still so shouldnt have to spend much more actual money.

Are you nearly done ? I think I am thankfully.

Just didn't realise I'd spent so much. Phoned and told my mum and she doesn't think its that bad. She says once I'm spending £5000+ she'll think I'm crazy lol.

yeah all i need for morgan is the kiddizoom camera then buzz, woody, jessie and bullseye from disney
for harvey, a cleaning trolly and the jake and captain hook ships
(vouchers will cover a good chunk of this)
a few stocking fillers
xmas eve stuff
then start on family stuff.

i'm sure you'll have two very happy kids come xmas day! i don't think its too bad some people spend thousands!

So far my shopping SHOULD HAVE COME TO £1525.07

BUT Ive only SPENT £848.97

Of which £380.57 were VOUCHERS i've earned from surveys sites/TCB

So i've SAVED £676.10 on RRP

and my TOTAL SAVINGS £1056.67!!!

That means all I'VE SPENT is £468.40 - nearly a 70% saving!

Im actually really chuffed with that. My budget was £200 each for DD1, DD2, DS & OH and this also covers my Mums (£25) most of my Big Sis (£20) Little Sis (£20) Little Bro (£20) OHs Nan (£10) and a little bit of my Dads. Cant wait to see how much ive saved once ive finished the rest of the familys!

Mine so far this year. This is just savvy shopping and bargains, I don't use vouchers etc:

DD (Birthday AND Christmas combined - she has so so much!)

Spent: £106.18
RRP: £233.85
Saved: £127.67!

DS

Spent: £23.30
RRP: £62.94
Saved: £39.64!

We are not as flush with money this year so I am really happy with how well I have done :)

DS:
Should have been £85
Actually spent £31.14
:dance:. I am close to done for him.

DD:
Should have been £79.56
Actually spent £16.94!
:dance:. I still have a few things to get for DD, the biggest of which is a farm and plastic play animals so not a lot left to spend.

Joint presents for the kids:
Should have been £68
Actually spent £22.
Their joint present is an under the stairs play house, so far I've bought play food and stuff like a toaster, market stall and chairs. I still need to get a little table, a play kitchen and some bits to decorate and I'm planning to spend no more than £70 more.

Leonie have a look at boots, they're doing the kiddizoon camera and case for £31, I got it the other day and cash back and points :flower:

I had set myself the challenge of not spending a penny this year on the kids (that sounds awful :haha:) but I've not done bad. Maybe next year.
RRP £680
Spent £510
Actual Money Spent £160

I've not counted the scooter and camera I've got towards ds birthday (in july) and the little people princess palace and princesses towards dd's... :rofl:

DS1 rrp - £506
Spent £332
Saving of £174

DS2rrp - £393
Spent - £243
Saved £150

Combined savings of £324. :)

Leonie have a look at boots, they're doing the kiddizoon camera and case for £31, I got it the other day and cash back and points :flower:

I had set myself the challenge of not spending a penny this year on the kids (that sounds awful :haha:) but I've not done bad. Maybe next year.
RRP £680
Spent £510
Actual Money Spent £160

I've not counted the scooter and camera I've got towards ds birthday (in july) and the little people princess palace and princesses towards dd's... :rofl:

i know it's a brill bargain but i'm skint this week :( typical, hopefully i comes down on amazon at some point

It took me forever to work that out lol.

DS1
Should have been -£582.87
Actual spend - £95.06
TOTAL SAVING - 486.81

DD
Should have been - £448.89
Actual spend - £270.81
TOTAL SAVING - £178.08

DS2
Should have been - £235.93
Actual spend - £113.43
TOTAL SAVING - £122.50

DS1 is the only one I still need to buy for.

This has taken forever to work out!

Actual spend so far £82.49
RRP £137
Saved £54.51

Still to buy Olaf tea set, Olaf from build a bear, Olaf cup and cutlery and two Duplo sets

I haven't quite finished yet but...

DS1

Spent = £129.50
RRP = £222.50
Saving = £93

DS2

Spent = £146
RRP = £251.50
Saving = £105.50

Happy with that!

Spent - £156
RRP - £314
Saved - £158

Still got to get a pedal bike (hopefully when halfords do their half price sale) an imaginext batcave, batmobil (monstly covered by tesco vouchers) a colouring book and pjs and I will come in under my £250 budget :happydance:

This is split between christmas and birthday as well by the way! :D

I've probably saved about £100 so far but I ain't finished yet, still need to get a couple of bits for each of my kids including their main presents and get the hubby etc x

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"