Saw the RE nurse this am

bandm318

Mommy of 2 and TTC#3
Reaction score
She ran both a beta and preprovera panel. Since I am now having IPS (started a little yesterday), yesterday's HPT was questionable, she said it was reasonable to run it. She also said AF should have shown 2 weeks ago.

We talked a bit about HPTs which was enlightening. I asked what they recommend. She said although yes, they recommend FRER and any that are 25miu or more sensitive, she said it is still going to depend on the person's body. I commented I was 2 weeks late with my daughter, used the CVS stick (which is 25miu) and had to hold it under the light to see the line (never got a beta with her). With my son, used a FRER the first day I missed and it was still super faint. My beta was 106. She told me with her TWINS, her beta was 176, and on an FRER she had to hold it under a light! She pointed out with some women, we just can't get a urine read the way we want to, and certainly as early as we would like. She said when the hpts work, they are great (of course to a point, ie, mc). But on the other hand, for those of us who are pg and can't detect it at home and sit and wonder, they're not so great. But everyone is different. She also pointed out to stay away from the Dollar Tree and cheapy tests. She said she found they are just not accurate - period. Way too many evap lines. Thought this was not only good info for my piece of mind, but good info to share.

But in general, will not know anything until tomorrow! :hissy:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->