Saying no to hospital visits

Tweetz

Reaction score
Just wondered after having your baby has anyone said no to visits. I feel I would much rather wait till we get home before people come see us, one reason is because of all the nasties people can pick up in hospitals and last thing I want is people coming in picking something up from the corridors then touching our new baby... Atleast at home I know people won't be picking any serious super bugs up. Plus I feel like the last thing I want after pushing a human out my body is an array of people gathering round me.

It's actually reasonably standard here. Even for visits, it's only family, and it's only for 2 hours in the evening.

But nobody should be doing anything that makes you remotely uncomfortable. You don't want visitors? Don't have visitors.

DS- I felt very out of control with the whole situations and had visitors all over the place which after pushing a baby out is really the last thing I wanted.

DD- I limited to close family and friends but I have a very judgmental family and that didn't really help I felt I had a very negative experience with the whole birthing and after with her

This one I am saying Nope to everyone, I know it is going to hurt some feelings but I just don't want it. I also feel if we mean that much to you, even If they don't like it they will respect and understand it. I want to have that quality time and really focus on us and then when we get home we will gradually allow people but I am determined with this one not to get swayed in any direction and do and say exactly what I want.

It has only taken me 3 pregnancies to work that out!

We had visitors with my first, it ended up stressing me and my husband out because some family brought drama. It was the opposite of what we needed and we felt like it ruined our experience, it made me so stressed I could barely eat or drink anything. With my second only my mom and sister came up and brought my son. I plan to do it that way again, it was so much calmer, less stress. We really got to spend time enjoying our new little one that way.

Hon just do what u feel is best for you. Its ure baby and if u wud prefer people to wait until ure home and more up for visitors then they must understand.

I will be in hospital for about a week when I have my baby so I will have some family come and visit but I don't want to many people. Just very close family like my nanna and my brother and my other children but the others will have to wait a few days.

My aunt is baby mad. But she never comes over its always my uncle that comes on his own but I know when I have this baby she will want to come over all the time to hold him but I'm gonna say no.
I'm gonna tell them they can only come twice a week and no more because me and the baby will keep our rest.
Given birth is a killer and people need to understand that u need to rest

Dont feel bad hon. I'm sure they will all understand.

Cheers guys... I'm hoping to be in and out this time so family won't feel the need to have to come to the hospital... Here's hoping haha

My mother in law wants to be there while I'm in labour! She's made her mind up and I told my OH he needs a word with her big time, even my own mother isn't going to be there, she's on standby for my other children anyway but even if this was my first, I'd still want it to be me and OH, up on the ward I don't mind my immediate family visiting, or even my mother in law, just not when I'm in labour for christ sake leave me be! Lol she's a very pushy over opinionated lady, a heart of gold but her way if thinking is it's my way or the high way, and she doesn't really consider others feelings until it's too late.

Prime example of this was when we had a consultant appointment at 15 weeks and she sneakily told us baby was a boy, there was no photos on nothing just her word, and my MIL announced it on social media when we told her what the consultant said. I told OH to tell her to take it down, I wasnt telling anyone what the gender was until our gender scan at 16 weeks, when we had absolute confirmation and pictures to announce it on our social media first. She did take it down, but not even a sorry. She's a lovely woman but oh my God gets under my skin.... she's even invited herself into our home to stay when the baby is here, which I tell you, will NOT be happening, I like my space, with my OH, new baby and children, to get into a routine and just enjoy being a family, and then the visitors can come! I'm so annoyed at this situation but I'm also thankful she doesn't live in the same country, so the visit will only be short. PHEW!!!

I'm so sorry... how a thread about hospital visits has turned into a complete rant about my MIL hahaha

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->