Scaffold piercing

DCS

Reaction score
Anyone have one? But I have a few questions. How's the pain? I have a helix piercing on one side, got it done over 12 years ago. I don't remember any pain. However, it was done at a well known accessories store, and it was done realy badly. I had to get it redone once it completely healed over. I vaguely recall it was sore for a while but don't remember any pain. It's occasionally uncomfortable still, but usually if iv been wearing cheap earrings, think primark stuff. I now wear a small gold hoop.
Back to the scaffold, would I be wearing two separate studs while it's healing? Then move over to a bar?
I wanted to get my upper lobes done aswell, would I be best to do them all at the same time, or do the scaffold first then the upper lobes?

Anything else I should know? Thanks in advance. The

I have one on my left ear. They just put the bar right in and it did hurt a bit while healing if I slept on that side or whatever. I would guess that if separate studs were in it might end up healing with the separate holes not lining up properly when you tried to put a bar through? It did heal fine without causing any issues. I've had it for about 8 years I think.

I think it also might depend on how wide the hole of your current helix piercing is (but I am no expert.)
I had my helix done with a bar last xmas and it's only got comfortable to sleep on now. I wanted a scaffold but I doubt I could handle all that discomfort again! You could consider sleeping on a travel cushion though! (Ear in the gap)

Thanks both. I don't actually sleep on the side I was planning on getting done. I can't, I feel suffocated, so I have to face the outside of the bed. The only problem I have is when DD is in with us, and wants to be fed, she climbs all over and and I'm facing that way so that could make it uncomfortable. I think iv decided I will wait till the spring, dd will be older so less likely to be feeding as frequently in the night, and I don't have to give up hats. I think I would hate not being able to wear a hat, which means hair down, when it's cold, and I wouldn't want to risk it catching.

No advice but just like to say that I think the scaffold looks fab. I too had my helix pierced about 15 years ago. Is it possible to have a scaffold piercing from the original helix or would they have to do another piercing on that part of the ear?

I'm going to get my rook pierced after christmas. Waiting until then as dd will be in pre school then so I'll actually have some time to myself!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->