Scan at 5 weeks 2 days

M

Mrs_carpets

Hi ladies. I have a scan booked in for this Friday where I'm pretty sure ill be 5 weeks 2 days. I last went for a scan this Thursday just gone but they couldn't see anything due to being far too early. MY HCG on Thursday was 121 and on Saturday it was 281 so the midwife thinks by Friday it should be at the right level to see something. I think they will go for an internal scan as well......I carry abit of weight :blush:

Will they see much at the scan do you think???

:kiss:

Prob won't see much other than the sac and yolk. Perhaps just the sac at that point xxx

Probably just the sac. The doctor wouldn't do a scan on me earlier than 6 weeks because he knew there probably wouldn't be a heart beat.

Just the sac but even then you may be pushing it so don't panic if they can't see it yet. Good luck!

I would expect to see an empty sac at most.

I had an internal scan at 5w6d and all we saw was a completely empty sac. The sac measured perfectly as far as dates, but they couldn't even see a yolk inside. Thankfully that ruled out an ectopic, but then I spent the next 5-6 weeks terrified that I was experiencing a blighted ovum, or something. Thankfully that turned out not to be the case.

Good luck at your scan. I hope that they see as much as possible and that you continue on to have a happy and healthy nine months! <3

at 5+2 they may not see much. Probably just a sac, and maaaybe the fetal pole, but no heartbeat yet

I had a scan at 6+1, but as I od late I thought I would be behind. I think I was more like 5+4 or 5 and we saw the sac with a bright white dot inside on the abdominal scan. On the internal we saw the yolk sac! I was relieved as l had a blighted ovum last time (not picked up till 10 weeks). I have been a bit anxious since, wish we could have seen baby. I know it's hard but try not to panic if you don't see much. I was reassured it's perfectly normal to not see a great deal that early. The doc said I'd need to wait at least 10 days before seeing anything decent. I'm going for another at 8 weeks. Sending lots of luck your way!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->