scan dates help..

nicole12

Reaction score
SOO.. i had an early scan today and they said i was 7 week 2 days it also had a heartbeat :) how far am i i know they add so many days/weeks on? my lmp was 27th september 2013 not a clue when i ovulated.

That's exactly how far along you are out of your 40 week pregnancy. They don't add anything on...they just count from your lmp.

I had a scan on Friday, which from LMP (sept 30th) i would have been 7weeks 4 days. I know i ovulate a little later (usually around CD 16 rather than 14 like most) so i was expecting them to measure the baby a few days behind. I was measured at 7 weeks 2 days, which i expected.

Congrats!

That's exactly the dates they are seeing. My first U/S if they went by LMP I would have been 7+1 but I knew I ovulated late and I measured exactly when I thought I had ovulated which was 6+4. Since then it's measured exactly on ovulation dates. They don't add on to any number as you might [like when you are technically two weeks pregnant at the time of ovulation].

SOO.. i had an early scan today and they said i was 7 week 2 days it also had a heartbeat :) how far am i i know they add so many days/weeks on? my lmp was 27th september 2013 not a clue when i ovulated.

thanks alot girls :) when would i of ovulated then & concieved going off this date?

Yes and no...babies grow at different rates...my friend was 2 days behind what she "should" have been for the first 4 months and eventually caught up. I've been measuring 1 day ahead. I think b/c most people don't know their ovulation date, doctors will use LMP to calculate due date until you have a dating scan/first ultrasound and then that is the most accurate method.

thanks alot girls :) when would i of ovulated then & concieved going off this date?

I'd guess you conceived around the 19th October from those dates, BUT they say normal early scan is accurate +\- 5 days, so somewhere around that date either way is a better estimate. There's a lot of variables for conception and guessing exactly when it happened - sperm can live up to a week inside you, the egg lives up to a day after it's released, implantation usually takes anywhere from 5-12 days, etc. all these things can affect how far along you measure! And congrats on your scan :) xxxxxxxxxxx :hugs:

ok thanks could i of got pregnant on the 11th october with these dates?xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->