Scan didn't go well......

KiraLeigh

New FTM after LTTTC!! :D
Reaction score
So, yesterday I had a reassurance scan due to loss of symptoms and panicking about a blighted ovum.

Yesterday I was 8 weeks and 2 days pregnant. The scan was performed privately and it was an abdominal scan.

The scan revealed a sac and yolk but no baby. I have to go to the hospital tomorrow for a transvaginal scan but I am not feeling very hopeful :(

Oh hun, I am so sorry!!!! Please update us when you can... I have my fingers crossed for you!!!

The internal scan will be much more accurate. Depending on your build uterus/baby position, and when you implanted an external scan would have a hard time seeing much I'd think. My office is still doing internal scans at 10+4 for me as an abdominal scan isn't showing the baby properly.

your very early for a non tranvaginal scan....dont lose hope xx

My OB did internal ultrasounds until 12 weeks with all of her patients. Dont lose hope yet! good luck!

Fingers crossed for you. Best of luck. It really does depend on a lot of things. I had an abdominal at 8+5 and baby was clear as day but a fried of mine had a baby who was hiding in the back of her uterus and had to have a transvaginal at 8 weeks because they could see baby .

sorry to hear :( fingers crossed for you and i hope it all goes well :hugs:

:hugs: Don't lose hope yet honey, if there's a chance you could even have implanted a little later than expected it would be very difficult to see much on a trans abdominal scan. I will keep my fingers crossed that you have a better result with the transvaginal, they'll be able to see so much more, fingers crossed for a nice little beany with a visible heartbeat. Xxx

could your dates be out because I went for a scan at 7 weeks and measured 5.. empty sac just a yolk... at least you have a yolk.... and yes you are very early for an ultrasound... did u have your hcg done? they should be measuring that over a few days too... defo dont lose hope your dates are prob out x

so sorry! But i do have hope for u since theres a yolk sac. Good luck :) hope all goes well for u

Any update? Hope your trans-vaginal scan went better!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->