Scan didn't go well......

Ok, so as some of you will know from my previous post, I had a scan on Thursday at what would have been 8+2 weeks and all they could see was a sac and yolk. It was a private scan, and was done abdominally.

Today I had my appointment at the EPAS and they did a transvaginal scan. This is what they found

Gestational Sac measuring 30mm x 29mm x 29mm
Appearance of Sac - Regular
Yolk Sac - Seen
No fetal heart activity
Fetal pole - seen
Hyperechogenic ring - Not seen

Crown to Rump - 3mm

So, the above rules out a blighted ovum, but at 3mm the pregnancy is no where near my dates.

Given the fact I got a positive test on what I believe to have been 13dpo my dates are correct.

It is possible I could have ovulated later than I thought but at the most I would say I am only a week out, purely because of when I got a positive test.

I have been told to go back in 2 weeks for another scan but I have pretty much resolved myself to the fact that this is a MMC

I dont know anything about scans... But wanting to send some hugs and I hope all turns out well xx

Sorry it wasn't better news.

My MMC measured 3mm at 8+5, by my follow up scan at 10 weeks it was 2mm. I was sure of my dates too. I found a few good news stories out there, but when I looked closer they all either had the dates wrong or baby hadn't been seen at all. I didn't find any good news for 8+ embryos measuring 3mm when dates where certain being ok.

I found the wait between the scan and the repeat scan absolutely horrendous, especially as the EPAU told me there was still a chance it could grow. I tried to think of the gap as a chance for my body to miscarry naturally, but I couldn't help but try and hang onto any tiny bit of hope I could.

I found a lot of support from the miscarriage forum on helping me decide on my treatment options so at least when I went in for the follow up appointment I was already aware of my options so I could at least move straight onto the next step.

Feel free to ask me anything, either here or in pm. I've also got detailed stories filed under miscarriage in my blog (see sig) about my experiences if you want to hear the full story and are ready emotionally for that part of the journey.

ETA: sorry if I sound a bit blunt or negative, but I found false hope wasn't helpful at all. I'd much rather have gone in expecting the worst and had a nice surprise than wishing my life away for thsoe 10 days.

Also what date is your next scan? Its so close to Christmas. :hugs::nope:

Thanks for your kind words ladies.

If I am honest, I am not expecting a miracle, I think in my heart I know my little prawn stopped growing and I am actually ok.

I guess the hardest thing now is the wait for my next scan, I really don't want to miscarry naturally over xmas as it will pretty much mean I wont be able to see anyone :(

I have decided I would like to opt for a D&C and try again as soon as I have had 1 cycle.

You sound like you are being very strong. :hugs:

Will keep my fingers crossed for a Valentines BFP for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->