Scan on Fri. Been having a really bad feeling for quite a while :/ **UPDATE PG2**

L

LilMiss_91

I know it's normal to worry to some extent that everything will be fine with baby at scans etc but I didn't worry in the slightest with my son. I knew there was always a possibility something could have gone wrong but I knew in my gut that he was just fine in there.
This time however, I've had a really bad feeling for quite a while that something's not right and as the scan draws closer I'm finding it hard to get excited about it because I feel like bad news is inevitable and I can't look forward to what Friday will bring. Anyone feel the same way? Or anyone feel this way previously? And if so what was the outcome? I have had one very early loss (not confirmed by Dr but I'm 99.99999% sure that's what it was) when I was 16. Since then 1 perfectly healthy baby and no other losses so I don't really have "just cause" to be concerned (more than a normal amount anyway).

I'm just so very worried :(

I'm worried too. . I keep thinking something isn't right, I was worried with dd too though because of my previous losses but all turned out well with her, I'm worried this time because baby measured a bit small, that's what happened with my mmc so that's why I've been so worried, but I havr a scan on Tuesday so only time will tell!!!

yeah I'm really paranoid but that's because the only other time I was pregnant it ended in a mmc so I'm so worried that has happened again, have my scan next thursday and get more and more worried as it gets closer but worrying isn't going to change the outcome so trying to tell myself there is no point in worrying

I just had my scan yesterday. All went well, wiggly little baby.
For 10 weeks I had thhis feeling of doom, like there was no way it wasn't a blighted ovum or the heart was beating, I really couldn't let myself be hapoy and cried all the time. When they put the ultrasound wand on me I held my breath, ready to hear there was nothing... Obviously I was wrong and who knows why I was feeling that way. Maybe because I went through infertility and couldn't believe I could be lucky for once?
Anyways, don't google it like I did, but a feeling of doomed pregnancy is nothing more than your fears obessing you.

Too late on that one DaanaD :doh: already googled it and the results don't seem promising. I hope everything is ok but I really can't shake this bad feeling. I noticed thia morning that the firmness above my pubic bone seems to have softened considerably which is also worrying me.

Meee :cry: this is number four for me and I don't remember the fear being quite as intense with my others. I'm convinced there is something wrong.

I have worried soooo much more with this baby than I did with my son. I think it's because we know more about everything that can go wrong. That's my theory anyway. I was so paranoid that something was going to be wrong and day of my dating ultrasound, I was a nervous wreck. Then I saw the little flicker of a heartbeat and everything calmed down. I didn't realize how much I needed to see that heartbeat until I saw it. I still get nervous from time to time but I am so much calmer now. (Probably because statistically, your odds of miscarriage drop to around 3-5% after seeing the heartbeat) I'm sure it will be fine. :hugs:

Number 4 for me and still worrying something will go
Wrong. Even had a scan around 8 weeks and all was perfect still worrying something will have gone wrong at my next scan in 2&1/2 weeks.
Good luck Friday I'm sure all will be fine xxxx

If it helps, I was in a similar boat. With my daughter, despite the random bleeding I experienced and despite being told at 6.5 weeks I probably had a blighted ovum, I just had a feeling it was going to be okay. I would get nervous sometimes but it just felt right, I knew she was going to make it. This time, I've had NO bleeding whatsoever and yet I was completely sure something was wrong. I just had a feeling something terrible would go wrong or already had, I felt like it was probably a blighted ovum. Then I went to my first ultrasound and baby was alive but measuring two weeks behind what I thought it should be. I continued to be convinced something was wrong, feeling slightly better but not much. Couldn't shake the dread. Yesterday was my second ultrasound... Baby now measures two weeks ahead, so on track with my dates, and looks perfect. I can feel him moving every day now and I know he's alive. So, while my instincts about things are usually right, this time they were off.

Thankyou ladies. Is nice to know not everyones intuition is always right aha :) I guess we'll just have to wait and see what happens tomorrow. I gotta dmit though, I'm nervous as hell :/ good luck to anyone else with similar worries who's waiting for their scan :)

Make sure to update lilmiss, my scan is Tuesday and I'm very anxious for it!!!

Ive had spotting the past week. My scans not til next thurs . Will be 7 wks then am crazy emotional. Am going to try to get bloods done again at doctors now so maybe i can relax and enjoy the weekend.

Hi lilmiss.
I hope your scan goes well today. I know what you mean about the feeling. I don't have a bump emerging at all and I'm 11+5.
Please update us on how it goes.

Hi spud!!!!!!! :)
Good luck with your scan today lilmiss !!!-

Oh my gosh... So sorry for your loss xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back