scan pics??

ljo1984

2DDs,2angels <3
Reaction score
hi, its coming up to the 2nd anniversary of when i had my dating scan which revealed Grace had grown her wings, and its got me thinking. so many times ive seen on here people have been given a scan pic even though it has been bad news, but i never got one, was never even given the option to have one! at the time i thought it was normal but now i know some girls have been given them and feel a bit sad that all i have is the image in me head. now when i had my scans with imogen the consultant put loads and loads of images in my notes and wondered if theyd put some in after Grace's scan. does anyone know who i need to contact at my loacal hospital to be able to look in my notes, or even request if i can have the scan pics (or a copy) if there are any. i just wish more than anything id of asked for a picture! but even then the woman wasnt the nicest sonographer in the world and would probably of said no anyway! :cry:

thank you ladies for your help and so sorry for all your losses. xx

hi hun im not 100% certain how it would work for your hospital but i had asked someone about getting my notes from when i lost my son. i was told to contact PALS at the hospital i had my baby but he was 35+ weeks when he was stillborn. im not sure if this would make any difference? maybe you could contact them at pals and ask? sorry im not much help x

Sorry that you havent got the picture you would like. after being told Isabella had died I asked for a picture and she looked at me like i was mad.

I tend to look at the pics of her after she was born rather than the scan one.

PALS are a good place to start as they could dig out your notes and go through them with you. I hope there are some pictures for you xx

i really hope there is! i'll write a letter this week as im on annual leave from work. thanks girls and sorry for your losses. xx

I hope you can get one hun. I am sorry for your loss.
We had a private scan at 7+3 and baby had died at 5+6. We then went back 10 days later to confirm that pregnancy had failed. We came away and then it was Chrsitmas etc. When I spoke to my friend in Jan who had a miscarriage last year, she said that she found out at her 12 week scan and was offered the image. She has it next to her bed now and looks at it every day.

It made me realise that I wanted a picture of our baby to keep. I phoned up the clinic and asked for one and they sent me 2 a few days later. They did say that they could not send ones that had been taken for inclusion in my medical notes, but that she thought there were some extra ones and she would be able to send those.

I hope that your hosp has some extra too and that you can have a pic of your baby with you soon.

xx

hi hun
hope u get a pic and sorry for your loss..
i had a scan 2weeks ago and wished i had asked for a pic i regret it now..

Hi i'm wanting a pic of my scan aswell. i had my MMC in July 2009 and i was never offered a picture.

i have phoned my FS and she will look in my notes and take a photocopy but i also got told to call radiology aswell so i have done that and now waiting on a call back.

i just want something to remind me of Daisy. its hard just having it in ur head i want something there to tell me and remind me of what a beautiful little girl she was.

She would have been 1 on the 27th Jan so that was a hard day but we have got a daisy plant and we are wanting to do this for her.

i just wanted to send all my love and support to all u ladies its so hard but knowing are little ones are safe makes it a little easier.

ack iam gutted for you who didnt get a scan :( I have a 6 week scan (just a blob) other three scans i got from bleeding nothing. At my 14week scan i got a pic and asked the doc could i take a video on my phone as my partner was at work. At 17 weeks when i bleed i did see him but his back was turned and she wasnt very good and didnt wait for him to move or measure him. Makes me wanna go train to be a NICE sonographer. I cry each time i watch my baby move on the video, to think he was sooo strong and such a kicker even a week before he came to early:(

I was told by widwife any women is entilited by law to access her own notes, even if they are property of the hospital. My notes from 10 years ago from my daughter are still at the same hospital as they were in with the new notes so should be too hard. good luck

Hi hun... if a picture was indeed taken, you ARE entitled to a copy. Everyone is entitled to see their medical notes and take copies. You may have to pay a fee (I think that stinks but its possibly true)... but you ARE entitled if such pictures exist.

thanks ladies, im gonna write a letter on thurs to PALs or might even see if they have an email address!! just hope there are pics in there! and even a photo copy is better than nohing. i saw somewhere about prices for copies i think it was maximum £10 unless you was a copy of everything in there which is a maximum of £50. something like that. i'll let you know how i get on. xx

At the private clinic we went to the pics are £15 each, but due to the circumstances the lady sent me 2 for free. I look at mine daily and it does bring comfort.

Hope you get it all sorted soon hun xx

I just got a letter from the hospital! they did a photocopy and enlarged it and sent me my scan Picture!

it makes it so much more real that we did get pregnant and i am a mum even if Daisy isnt with us now!

i'm so happy!!!

i hope all you ladies get your pictures! i got mine from 2009 so it can be done for sure

love 2 u all xx

Thanks to Becci-Boo i am finally going to see my baby girl again after 2 years!! i emailed patient relations earlier who forwarded my story to radiology manager. she rang me and was so very nice on the phone. the main bit is her pics are there on the database and i can have them!!! i have requested an application form from access to health records department and they are sending the form out, the access manager is going the wave the £25 fee due to the circumstances and they will send me a disc with the images on. although she did say she wasnt sure if id be able to make anything out. im just hoping theres at least one that looks like the image i have in my head from looking at the screan that day. surly there will be. hopefully it wont be a long process, im so excited i never though id see her again this side of life. i will post pics when she finally arrives. xxx

Great news! I hope these pics bring you ladies some extra comfort. I know having mine does.

xx

That is fantastic news! i'm so glad you ladies got to get the pics of your angels :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->