Scan showed nothing....advice?

sherrie123

Carson, Kai, Jaxon <3
Reaction score
Hiya looking a bit of advice. I had a copper coil fitted in October 2018. my period was due last Friday I took a test that was negative, spotted the day after which I thought was af starting but spotting had gone by Sunday. Took 2 tests Monday night frer and ic which both came up positive. I was sent for a scan today which showed no coil so it must have fallen out but also showed no pregnancy, she just said my lining was thick? they done a test there which came up negative. I'm confused as hell lol why would I have positive tests at home and not at hospital?

IMG_20190305_003552.jpg

Top one is Mondays test and bottom two taken 15mins ago. Lines darker on frer and cb says pregnant 1-2 so confused

IMG_20190306_132602.jpg

Maybe too early to be seen on a scan, did they do an internal? The test may have just not been an early detection xx

Maybe too early to be seen on a scan, did they do an internal? The test may have just not been an early detection xx
Yeah was an internal scan they done. They bringing me back tomorrow for bloods.

It could be too early. Good luck for your bloods tomorrow. Got everything crossed for you <3

I'd say definitely too early to see anything on a scan if your cb says 1-2. Good luck for your bloods.
Drs tests tend to be less sensitive. Mine came back negative with my last pregnancy at the drs but i had a positive at home.

I think it’s too early also! Where I live, they don’t do a scan until 7-9 weeks pregnant so I bet your blood test will come back positive and you’ll have to wait a little long for another scan!

Far to early for anything to show on your scan, your lining being thick is a early pregnancy sign. Good luck with bloods xx

ps your test progression is fab, congratulations xx

I don't think an ultrasound can pic anything up until 4 weeks at the earliest and even then it would just be a gestational sac. If cb says 1-2 weeks then your likely not far enough along yet.

But I thought since my last af was Jan 28th that would put me at about 5weeks?

But I thought since my last af was Jan 28th that would put me at about 5weeks?
LMP is just a general date doctors use because most women do not know 100% when they ovulate. You could have ovulated later in your cycle which is what I suspect making you super early still. I would say you’re definitely pregnant just way too early to see on ultrasound! In a couple of weeks I bet you’ll see a nice healthy baby!

Went to hospital for bloods. They took another urine test which was negative. Like whiter than white negative. Waiting on blood results to come back later today. Went and bought a few more tests just to see and all positive. How can 5 brands of test be wrong??

IMG_20190307_140255.jpg

You are definitely pregnant IMO. FX you get your blood results soon

You are definitely pregnant IMO. FX you get your blood results soon
It's just so annoying having their test come back negative and stand looking at me like I'm crazy lol wish they would hurry up with the blood results so I knew either way

It's just so annoying having their test come back negative and stand looking at me like I'm crazy lol wish they would hurry up with the blood results so I knew either way

Must be super frustrating!
Hope you get them asap!!

Results are in. Hcg is 89 and she said progesterone levels are very high so could just be very very early pregnancy and she has no idea why her test said negative. So to go back next Friday for another scan to hopefully see something

Results are in. Hcg is 89 and she said progesterone levels are very high so could just be very very early pregnancy and she has no idea why her test said negative. So to go back next Friday for another scan to hopefully see something

Congrats! Good luck for next week.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->