Scan today!:) Been put back 2weeks!:(

cherry22

mummy to 1 after 3 losses
Reaction score
As it says really iv just had a scan done and according to last period dates i was ment to be 7weeks 6days today but the tiny little bean was only 6weeks!!!!:cloud9:

We sore the heartbeat she said it was 122-136pm and said enything above 80 is good!:happydance:
She also pointed out that i might have some brown spotting bacuse there was a pouch of implantation blood but she said it was outside the membraine and not to worry, i havent had eny yet!

I do have long cycles that are around 35 days so she said that was proberly the cause of the dates!!

Im really happy we sore a strong beating heart but im still really worried as its really early still!:coffee:

Do you think it all sounds good so far???:thumbup::hugs:

I'd say it sounds good, especially since your doctor seemed so optimistic. Best of luck to you and your bean!

If you normally have long cycles then that will be the reason yor have been put back. I had early scans in 2 pregnancys and i was always put back at early scans but alwasy caught up by 12 weeks.So your dates may change agagin. the heartbeat is a great sign and it seems a nice healthy beat. Congratulations

A stong heartbeat is a good sign all is well congrats!!

Same thing happended to me. Went for my scan at what I thought 12 weeks and was put back 12 days... was really dissapointed.

It took over 10 days for BFP so I thought it might happen but still dissapoitning. So waiting for another scan next week!

Thanks everyone! Im going to ask something you might think is an impossible question BUT with regards to m/c's do think now that ive seen a healthy heartbeat the risk would have lowerd?? I know im not out of the woods but im still really worried!!

xx

Congrats and I have long cycles too....only my case was the opposite in the fact that I kept telling them not to date me based on LMP because it would make me too far along. They didn't listen and brought me in to early and all I saw on the screen was an empty sac. Since I've had a previous blighted ovum, I was really wanting not to have that conflict of is it another BO or is it just too early!!!!

Anyhow, at 6+3 days I had a scan in high risk and saw the baby and hb....it was 133 so everything sound great to me!

By my LMP I am about 11 and a half weeks, but by date of O, I am nearly 7 weeks. I think this is going to cause confusion/wrong dating when I see the midwife for the first time on Thursday!

Im going to ask something you might think is an impossible question BUT with regards to m/c's do think now that ive seen a healthy heartbeat the risk would have lowerd?? I know im not out of the woods but im still really worried!!

xx
From what I have read, once you get a confirmed heartbeat the risk of a mc decreases :)

All sounds fine to me. I was put back a week exactly at my supposed 8 week scan (baby measured 7+2), but the way I see it is we saw our baby and a strong heartbeat so I can wait an extra week to meet him!!
As for the risk of mc, apparently yes it does lower the risk by something like 17% I think. After 5 loses they are stats I like to hear.
Congratulations by the way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->