Scan today now very confused!!!!!

Im sure everything will be fine. The heartbeat is there and that is a brilliant sign. I hope your scan goes well on Tues. xx

The same happened to me a few weeks back. I went to my first scan at what i thought was 13 weeks dating back to first day of last period and baby measured at 9 weeks 2 days! I fell apart as i felt something was wrong and spent days trying to work out wat was going on. I had another scan last week at what would have been 12 weeks 3 days and got put forward to 13 weeks 2 days. Although I have still lost time it does work out with hubby and I 'timings'. I spoke at length to my midwife about it as i had to go back for my bloods again and she also suggested that I may have lost a baby and conceived again straight away (i did have brown watery discharge tmi x for a couple of days 2 weeks after last period but didnt think much of it at the time). Only thing different for me was that i didnt test until i was about 7-8 weeks in my mind as didnt quite believe it so i cant be certain that i was pregnant before but it would explain not having a period inbetween. Hopefully at your next scan it will all sort itself out and make more sense for you as i know it scrambled my aready frazzled brain for a few days xxxx

The same happened to me a few weeks back. I went to my first scan at what i thought was 13 weeks dating back to first day of last period and baby measured at 9 weeks 2 days! I fell apart as i felt something was wrong and spent days trying to work out wat was going on. I had another scan last week at what would have been 12 weeks 3 days and got put forward to 13 weeks 2 days. Although I have still lost time it does work out with hubby and I 'timings'. I spoke at length to my midwife about it as i had to go back for my bloods again and she also suggested that I may have lost a baby and conceived again straight away (i did have brown watery discharge tmi x for a couple of days 2 weeks after last period but didnt think much of it at the time). Only thing different for me was that i didnt test until i was about 7-8 weeks in my mind as didnt quite believe it so i cant be certain that i was pregnant before but it would explain not having a period inbetween. Hopefully at your next scan it will all sort itself out and make more sense for you as i know it scrambled my aready frazzled brain for a few days xxxx

same here been thinking the worst but my midwife did say that to me about losing one the falling but only has a bit of spotting for a rew day which i thought was implatation bleeding, i did tell the doctor this but he said it was nothing to worry about, so if i did lose one that would of been then, i cant wait for my scan on tue to make sure the baby is growing so keep your fingers crossed for me x x

same here been thinking the worst but my midwife did say that to me about losing one the falling but only has a bit of spotting for a rew day which i thought was implatation bleeding, i did tell the doctor this but he said it was nothing to worry about, so if i did lose one that would of been then, i cant wait for my scan on tue to make sure the baby is growing so keep your fingers crossed for me x x

I will keep my fingers crossed for you and be thinking about you on Tuesday. Please let us know how it goes xxxx

oh honey, it can be so confusing sometimes, im expecting them to change my dates, but not by that much, i can understand why your worried. :hugs:
Hopefully your private scan will shed more light on things, and hopefully you get a good sonographer who knows what they should be looking for! good luck :) xo

oh honey, it can be so confusing sometimes, im expecting them to change my dates, but not by that much, i can understand why your worried. :hugs:
Hopefully your private scan will shed more light on things, and hopefully you get a good sonographer who knows what they should be looking for! good luck :) xo

thankyou x x

All the best for the scan on Tuesday hun, hope it goes well and clears up all the confusion! x x

sounds like your midwife's explanation is a sensible 1. if there is a h/b the m/c rate drops by loads. when i had a m/c at 8wks the baby had stopped growing and there was no h/b. good luck at your scan xxx

It sounds like you may have mc and then got pregnant again quickly as the sonographer/midwife suggested.

This does all sound very positive- you have been told you have a healthy baby with a strong heartbeat in there!! :happydance: It is very, very unlikely the baby is 11+wks but only measuring 7+ as I dont think it would still be hanging on!

I hope your scan next week helps to reassure you - and do remember that at your last scan the doc dated as 7+ and at this next scan it may not measure at 8+ - these measurements are not spot on/exact - please just take comfort in that it is still growing and healthy! You may be only dated an extra few days ahead of last scan but that doesnt mean somethings wrong!!!

had my scan today and the baby has grown, he said baby measured 8+3 so has grown and is ok with a nice heart beat and little buds moving alot, he said it was just over 19mm and was 13mm last week so im so happy, i told him about all of this and said could of been a blighted ovum or chemical pregnancy, and said its quite commen, so my baby is healthy and growing and i can now change my ticker as i have been reasured that everything is ok and the first baby(cells) was not meant to be, thanks for all your help
tracy x x

Thats great news, I'm so pleased for you, just a bummer that you get to be pregnant for an extra month!

honestly sometimes they just have no clue what there doing in there scans...Id demand another one in a few days... and done by someone else

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->