Scan tomorrow

spunky84

TTC #4
Reaction score
I had my first scan at 6+5 in the ED about a week and a half ago. Not sure of the heart rate (wasn't told), but they did show me. The tech said I was measuring 6+6, and the ED doctor said 7+1.

Either way it's not really all that far off, but my midwife wanted another for their records. I think she would've kept the ED dates, but I'm guessing since I'll have a c section around 39 weeks they want another check? Not really sure.

A little anxious. I shouldn't be as I know bub has a heartbeat. Or at least I've seen it before. I know I'm being really silly about this, but DD keeps asking if the baby is no longer there. I'm reading too much into it.

Anyone else have a scan coming up?

My kids ask curious kid questions, too, and it always gets to me a little... but it's never amounted to anything. I think the kids ask these things when they are worried that we've stopped talking about the pregnancy, or if they're anxious about the baby being born soon (as they aren't sure just how looooooooooong pregnancy lasts). My practitioners always do two ultrasounds, about two weeks apart. The first is a confirmation of pregnancy, and the second is a confirmation of viability. They can determine viability with 99% accuracy at this second ultrasound. It's really nerve-wracking going into the ultrasounds, but when all is said and done, it's extremely reassuring. :hugs:

Let us know how it goes! I'm sure it'll be great. You've seen the hb so you have a great chance. Definitely don't read anything into your dd's questions, she was probably expecting the baby to be here by now haha, or at least for you to be visibly pregnant. Good luck!

Thanks! I'm starting to feel more anxious about it as it's getting closer. In the very little bit of down time I've had my mind has already gone through the worst case scenario a million times already.

DH can't go - between his work schedule and my school schedule, it was impossible to find a time where he could be there. So thinking about not having him there for support if it does turn out worst case, and then knowing I still have to get through the week at school.

I know it's just my imagination running wild though, but it's so hard not to let it!

Thanks! It went well. She actually took me a little early since they accidentally double booked. I was so busy today, thankfully, that I didn't have much time to worry.

Everything looks good. HR 179 and measuring 2 days ahead at 8+5. I'm not sure what they'll put my EDD at. LMP is August 22. My dates Sept 2. This scan August 31 which is what the ED doctor gave me, so I'm not sure if she'll keep it Sept or move it into August. I can't imagine they'll go off of my LMP as that's a little over a week off, especially with a c section. I'll find out for sure at my next appt in February.

The tech did say that there's some fluid on top of my cervix (not sure if it's blood or anything else). She cautioned not to do any heavy lifting. I mean, besides that I shouldn't anyway, but I guess it was enough for her to mention it? She didn't seem to think it was anything to be concerned about though.

Attachments

• 20170124_150501.jpg
    20170124_150501.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 6
Doing a little bit of stalking, but so glad your scan was good! Can't believe you are over a quarter of the way through already!!

Doing a little bit of stalking, but so glad your scan was good! Can't believe you are over a quarter of the way through already!!

Thanks :) It's going by pretty quickly. I think mostly because school is so busy. How are you doing? I'm still keeping fx for you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->