Scans

classyburd

Mummy to Archie
Reaction score
ok i know your supposed to go with a full bladder, but i have my scan at 9:40 on tuesday and was wondering do i get up and pee then start drinking lots??
OR do i get up hold my pee and also drink?

Am scared i wont have a full enough bladder coz im a slow drinker and if i get up too much before my scan then time will just drag hahaha

I pee'd then started drinking water about an hour before we left x

I'm never able to hold my pee for longer than about 15 mins after waking up :rofl: so I'd pee then start drinking again, you could take a bottle of water with you to sip on the way and when your waiting maybe.

Make sure you go for a wee before you start re-filling your bladder or you'll be in so much pain. I started drinking about 40 mins before my appointment and oh my god i really regret that, They were running an hour late and I was busting the second I got there but I wasnt alowed to go to the loo. So I waited and waited and I was in so much pain I couldnt stand up straight! When I had my scan they told me my bladder was too full and they couldnt get a clear enough picture so thank god they let me half empty my bladder which made alot of difference!

If I were you Id take a big bottle of water with you and drink it about 15 mins before you appointment! Wish I had!!

Xxx

i was told to go the the toilet an hour before my scan then drink one pint of water in that hour!!

I had mine early too so I pee'd and then started drinking. I drank about 2 big glasses of water and that was enough, when I got there I kept saying how I had to pee and the technician actually told me I could empty my bladder if I wanted too (I think he thought I was going to pee all over the place LOL)

Im not at the stage yet of having to pee every 15mins or so, so will prob go when i get up as advised then start on the drink hehe

I had to pee 15 mins before we got there (long story) but we waited another 45mins before i got scanned and my bladder was fine.

Definitely pee when you get up....it needs emptying after the night time.

Have a cup of tea....that always makes me wee:blush: and take a bottle of water/juice with you to sip on the way. Its difficult to drink a lot at once isn't it? Short sips of you favourite drink (no alcohol:rofl:) will fill you up nicely within an hour or two:happydance:

Yes i cant drink alot fast otherwise when i bend over it feels like its gonna come back up hahaha

My scan was at 8.30am and when i woke up i was bursting but i knew i wouldn't of been able to drink that much water in time, so i went to the loo and just let a bit out lol then just kept drinking on top of that, but i was dyeing by the time i got to the hospital i was in pain!!

Do whatever is easier for you x

For my first scan, the letter I got through said to drink 1 litre of water a hour before the appointment time, which I did. Scan was great, pictures were really clear.

Had my second scan last week, and so I did the same. However, I made the fatal mistake of not weeing before I drank the litre of water. By the time we got the the hospital, I was nearly crying because I needed to wee so much! It hurt soooooo badly! Then, when we got in there, the sonogropher put the ultrasound gel on and started scanning me, and said "Gosh, you do have a very full bladder - it doesn't need to be this full for this scan!" ARGH! I just nearly peed my pants woman!! She let me get off the couch and go to the loo :blush:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->