Scared. Excited. So bloody confused; please help!!

M

MissNewBump

This is gonna be a long one so please bare with me!:haha:

Yesterday I found out I was expecting. I've only been with my boyfriend for one month and I'm terrified. I've got a 4 year old who turns 5 in August and this is the first relationship I've been in since having him! He hasn't even met my new boyfriend yet and we are so close since he's only ever had me as a parent.

Not only this, but I'm starting my second year at university this September and living with my mum. The OH has said he wants to keep the baby, he has a good job but lives 2hrs away from me. He's said he wants to move down to me and for us to move in together when I'm 8 months gone so he has time to get to know little man first. We've been up all night talking about it on the phone.

My head is all over the place!!

First of all, congratulations :flower:

Could your OH get a job like his in your area? This could enable you to still build your relationship and let your son get to know him in a familiar environment over time, rather than you uprooting yourself and son.

I would be wary of deciding to move away from family and friends in a new relationship. You might find the support of family good when your baby is born too.

It's a tough choice, so take your time making it x

Thank you Hun. I have no plans of moving as my sons really settled in school and I can't imagine leaving my mum. I'm terrified about telling her as she's going to be so so angry with me. He's going to look for a job in my area but it's more a question of when should I introduce him to my son? It's all a bit more complication now with bump x

Do you see a future with him? I know you've only been together a short while, but what does your gut instinct say?

I personally wouldn't introduce him just yet. I think you've enough going on without having to deal with that right now.

As for your mum-she might be mad and cross etc to start with, but she will come around. She will support you and be someone to turn to. So I would bite the bullet and just tell her. X

Do you see a future with him? I know you've only been together a short while, but what does your gut instinct say?

I personally wouldn't introduce him just yet. I think you've enough going on without having to deal with that right now.

As for your mum-she might be mad and cross etc to start with, but she will come around. She will support you and be someone to turn to. So I would bite the bullet and just tell her. X

Oh most definitely. We've known each other for a while before we started dating and my gut tells me this is for keeps; we've already exchanged I loves yous and the likes :cloud9:

When do you think would be a good time to introduce this is all so new to me haha xx

That's great! :)
I think only you can know when it's right to introduce him. I'd say a good idea is to introduce him somewhere out of the house, like a soft play centre or park and say your bringing a friend at first.
Maybe wait until the summer holidays and do it some point early on in it, so by the time he goes back in September he will have got used to the idea. That way when he goes back there's not too many things happening at once if that makes sense.

Good luck! :) x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->