Scared I can't look after a boy...

CordeliaJ

Reaction score
So, I have no idea yet if I'm having a boy or a girl. There have been mixed guesses from other members from my scan picture (which I'll attach, as guesses are always interesting to hear).

All along I have thought this pregnancy is a girl, and didn't really doubt myself. But then, my aunt told me she thought both her boys were girls, and she was wrong, my friends and family are all betting it's a boy because I said I thought it was a girl, and I'm now doubting any of the instincts I had. Perhaps it wasn't instinct, maybe I just want a girl so much I believe it is one.

This will be my first, and if it does turn out to be a boy, then I will of course love him the way he deserves to be loved.
The thing is, I'm a very girly girl, I have tonnes of little girl stuff (that I had before I was ever pregnant or trying), books, my little ponies, toys, cute things etc etc.
I'm just not very good with little boys - I babysit my aunt's boys often, and as much as I love them, I just don't know how to act or play with them and I do struggle to get them presents they like. My niece is 4 now, and I always bring the right toys, and get the right things - I seem to know exactly what she'll like and can play so easily with her. I really want a girl first so that parenting won't be so petrifying to begin with. My husband works very long hours so it'll mainly be me looking after the baby, and I'm really panicking.

I know this is silly, to be honest I am just grateful to be having a baby at all, but I really am scared that I can't do this properly if it's a boy. I feel like I'll be a useless mother to him. I really wish I knew now so I could prepare myself. My next scan isn't until 21 weeks, which just feels ages away (I'm 14+3 now).

Attachments

• scan-12wks-crop.jpg
    scan-12wks-crop.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 7
Hugs hun. As much as I'm going through a similar thing worrying as I can only see a girl when I think about this baby, is much easier to advise others lol I obviously can't say for sure but I think to begin with a baby is a baby, whether boy or girl, and ad you will be growing and learning about baby/children/boy things along with your baby it won't be so hard it such a shock. Not like suddenly being presented with someone who already knows what they like and their own mind. Good luck, I hope your instincts are right. Mine have been in the past but I don't trust them this time as I think my desire for a girl is closing my vision

Thank you, yeah I know you're right, having a baby is so weird sometimes, I feel like there's a fully made human being that I know nothing about in there!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
over35tryin
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->