Scared i won't get pregnant again...

mlyn26

Mummy to Isaac & Jasmine
Reaction score
....I had been trying to conceive since Oct 2008 when i conceived on January 30th 2010- BFP on Feb 11th. I had only had 5 cycles in all that time due to coming off the pill. I miscarried at 9+4 weeks on 25th March 2010.

Well i have had my 1st AF since MC and am currently on CD17 and i'm so depressed at the thought of trying in the first place (i feel like i am 'replacing' my baby), but also that it could take another 15-16 months to get a BFP. My baby was due in Oct and that also marks 2 years since i started TTC and the thought of not being pregnant by then is just so so depressing.

Anyone else feel like this?

Hi mlyn, first of all, I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. It was so recent and I'm sure you are swimming with different emotions. It took me a long time to get a regular cycle after coming off the pill. I wish now that I never went on it to be honest. It took me a full year to conceive the first time after coming off the pill and like you, I didn't have a cycle every month (took me 3 months to even get my first period after stopping the pill). I had a mc at 10 weeks. I didn't think I would get pregnant again, but did 8 months later. Sadly, that ended in a mc too, but I now have faith that it wasn't just a fluke. My body can actually get pregnant. Now here's the weird thing. After my first mc, my body started to get more regular. I had a regular cycle and ovulated around the same time each month. But, my luteal phase was very short. After this mc, my luteal phase is as long as it has ever been, my cycle is more regular than ever. My acupuncturist said that a mc can alter your hormones and cycle. For me, it's almost like my body needed these mc's to whack it into place. That's what I need to believe anyway.

I hope you get your BFP very soon. I have faith that we'll all get ours in due time.

xoxo

huge hugs hun so sorry for your loss what your feeling is normal and natural even if its horrible, think most women who lose a baby then go on to TTC feel this way, i know i have with my miscarriages and my ectopic, we lost in feb to ectopic and been TTC since,

we've been TTC almost 3years now, so i was worried about not getting pregnant before so worry it wont happen again for us.

its a normal fear hun,

huge hugs and sending you loads of baby dust, might be worth taking aspirin while TTC i was advised from RE to take it to reduce our risks of miscarriage.

Now here's the weird thing. After my first mc, my body started to get more regular. I had a regular cycle and ovulated around the same time each month. But, my luteal phase was very short. After this mc, my luteal phase is as long as it has ever been, my cycle is more regular than ever. My acupuncturist said that a mc can alter your hormones and cycle. For me, it's almost like my body needed these mc's to whack it into place. That's what I need to believe anyway.

This is very nice to hear, my LP was 10-12 days before MC but was a whooping 14 days my first cycle after MC. I am hoping it has regulated my cycle a bit - will see this month.

Thanks for your positive spin on things. Helps alot xx

I know how you feel hun, it only took me one cycle last time to get my :bfp: and i'm worried that this time it will take forever. I'm sorry for your loss :( :hugs:

I have read on here though that you are much more fertile after a miscarriage, so i hope it happens quickly for you xx

i understand how you feel, it took me 7 years to get pg with thomas and i terrified it would take ages again, im 38 this year. i was so worried that i rang fertility clinics got tests done and fully intended to go for iui or ivf asap, however with careful monitoring see my post on two wait wait how i got my bfp i got pg the 2nd mth i was actively trying, its so amazing:happydance:
ppl were always saying you shouldnt be trying so soon, it wont replace you son blah blah but to me its not replacing him its replacing the need i have to hold a baby in my arms again and feel like a mum:hugs:

I have the same fear too. I had my mc in Jan and i find with each month passing i begin to feel more and more desperate that its not going to happen for me and if it does then it will end the same way. I am sure what we are all feeling is normal.

i have the exact same fear too. it worrys me every second of the day ( maybe its that fear thats stopping me from getting preggo as they say stress dont help bla bla bla ) but yeah. its been 9 months and i'm 18 and people saying i should be fertile mertile it looks like i'm not. stay strong hun, you will be pregnant again, you will, easy said then done, i know to well. hugs. xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->