Scared of a pulmonary embolism :(

Wishing4long

Mom and pregnant with #2
Reaction score
I woke up this morning and every time I take a deep breath I feel this sharp pain radiating from my right breast. I dont know what it is or where it came from, but of course DR. GOOGLE said PE risk factor is pregnancy!!! I am so scared has nayone had these symptoms before?

My dad had a pulmonary embolism 2 years ago and he was in constant pain for about 36 hours until my mother insisted he go to the doctor. Good thing he did! I was worried about a blood clot with my last pregnancy but it turned out that he had no genetic marker so I was fine. If you're concerned, see a doctor, although it is quite rare.

It could just be a pulled rib muscle or stretching if you're far enough along (cant see tickets etc on my phone) but if you're worried about PE its best to be on it straight away. Ive seen a lady a few months post partum who didn't realise or dismissed it and she ended up with quite serious right heart problems. Sorry not trying to scare you but personally I'd want to rule it out. Fingers crossed everything is ok and it's just musculoskeletal x

It's probably likely to just be a pulled muscle, but you need to get it checked and ruled out as soon as possible.

I had to have a scan in 1st tri due to feeling breathless (I didn't have any pain). They started me on the medication straight away while waiting for the scan. My scan came back all clear in the end.

If it turns out to be a PE its best to get started on the medication asap. They are very rare though, so try not to worry too much x

Don't worry wishing I have it too, I think it's related to your lungs expanding or boobs getting heavier. Mine is worse in the mornings but I get it at different times throughout the day too - almost like a cramp feeling everytime you take a breath and it comes and goes. Sometimes I feel like I can barely take a tiny breath without it hurting and others I can take quite a big breath before it hurts.

HI Frangi, yes that is exactly how it feels, it was worse this morning, so I hope its nothing. I spoke to my doctor and he said if shortness of breath isnt present, its very unlikely. Ughh I don't know. What scares me the most is the CT Scan and all that radiation. I dont want to have to go through that. I read somewhere it delivers so much radiation that 1 in about 400 women will get cancer as a result not to mention what will happen to the fetus (even though they keep saying it carries minimal risk.) UGHHH I hope you guys are right and it is muscoskeletal.

Glad you've spoken to your dr and he doesn't sound too concerned. Hopefully if its a pulled muscle it will ease off in a couple of days and you can stop worrying!

I didn't have a CT scan, think it was called a VQ scan they gave me. Not sure what the difference is. They also gave me half the dose, because I was pregnant.

This happened to me last week! I thought I was dying. Anyways I obviously didn't die but it was scary. It was very sharp and painful. It lasted through out the night and was gone by morning. Haven't had it since. Hope you feel better soon

thanks ladies the pain si gone! THANKGOD I don't know what the hell that was it was paralyzing pain!!! UGHH, I am now just waiting for this boob soreness to go away..

If you get a CT or VQ scan it is only because they are really really concerned for PE. Dont worry, if you get a CT they will wrap your abdomen with lead to protect baby. 1 in 400 sounds extreme, I doubt that is true.

I have access to my husband's research engine for physicians. It's called uptodate and very accurate, it is 1 in 400 :( Anyway I am feeling better now so I am crossing my fingers it stays this way :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->