Scared of breastfeeding...normal??

Rachiebaby24

Reaction score
im in the first trimester but i havent had my appointment with my midwife yet (i will discuss this with her too)...the thing is I have breast implants....they are not invasive and therefore will not affect me being able to breastfeed but the thing is, one of my boobs is partially numb around the nipple....not fully numb but has an uncomfortable and sometime panful tingly feeling... (normal side effect of breast implant apparently.... the thing is when my OH sucks them a tiny bit (sorry TMI) it really hurts and im so worried about my baby clamping on my nipple and sucking away!!

I dont want to not breastfeed but im so scared!!!

Was anyone else scared? obviously not cos of implants but in general?

I am not really scared, as I have been reading that it can really hurt, but most everyone here has agreed that the pain will settle after a while. I am just worried about baby not latching on, not producing enough, things like that. there are loads of books on breastfeeding, you might check one out. This is one that was recommended to me: Bestfeeding: How to Breastfeed Your Baby - Chloe Fisher

https://www.kellymom.com/

kellymom.com is an excellent online resource too.

This link has lots of info on the subject.

Breast reduction surgery may have an impact on a woman's ability to breastfeed. The length of time since the surgery, whether she had lactated before, her support system and numerous other variables all affect a woman's ability to produce milk The main concern is whether or not milk ducts and major nerves were cut or damaged (but you say it was non-invasive). The best way to know this is to ask the surgeon who performed the operation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->