Scared of going into labour again

Holly82

Mummy to 10
Reaction score
Help, I'm petrified of going into labour again.

My labours are fast and very painful. Babies are usually born within an hour of my waters breaking. I'm so scared of going into labour again as I know I will end up panicking. I've bought a hypnobirthing cd, but I can't seem to get into it and all I can think about is how I'm going to be in so much pain and I'm unable to do anything until it's over :( I only have time for gas and air and pethidine/diamorphine didnt work last time.

I was feeling ok last week, but I went for a tour of the maternity unit on Sunday and my fears just came to the surface again and I feel even worse now.

Can anyone give me any advice. My mw doesn't seem to have any good advice and I can feel the fear getting worse. I'm looking forward to my baby being here, just not the intense pain and panicking :cry:

Try to focus on the fact that it's only one hour out of your entire life and it will be over before you know it?

Thank u. I think your right, it's just getting my head around it all and trying to be more positive. I've been dwelling on it for weeks now and I've been thinking negatively all the time. I need to give myself a serious talking to lol. X

:hugs:. I know this will probably sound like a rediculous comparison but bear with me :haha:. I am SO scared of cannula's. When I was 30 someting weeks with my 2nd LO I found out I had to have IV antibiotocs in labour, meaning a cannula. I spent hours and hours worrying about it and it started to really get me down- I'd been looking forward to the labour but now every time I thought about it I just freaked out about the cannula. When it came to it yes, the cannula wasn't the nicest experience of my life but I only had it in for a couple of hours, much less time than I'd spent worrying about it! If you can, every time you start to worry about the labour tell yourself something like "I am going to be fine. It is one hour, I have done this before and I will be great". Or whatever doesn't sound rediculous to you :haha:. I really find that a positive outlook and doing your best to stay calm makes labour a lot more bearable and less painful, but even if it doesn't happen that way for you and your labour does end up being as bad as you fear, at least you won't have had all the hours of worry on top of that!

Im totally the same. Terrified lol. Its my first baby and people love scaring me. They tell you how painful it is. Then when you say ill have an epidural they tell me it can give u permanent back ache and cause vomiting. They tell me gas and airs rubbish and makes u sick and dizzy.

They then love telling me about the ring of fire and tearing. An hour to me sounds like heaven. Although pain wise i can imagine its awful. Cpuld you have a water birth? Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->